Echo CS310 input?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschroeder

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all!

Was looking at "cheap" saws at Menards (poulan) and wandered over to Home Depot and was checking out the echo 310, $70 more than the poulan, bar is 2" shorter but feels like a nice saw..good balance. Anyways, it's just for occasional homeowner use...what's the good/bad/ugly on them?

Good, excellent light saw, can't beat it for the price, it will out last a few of those disposable Poulans, and I have both echo and Poulans. For the size of the Echo, it packs the punch.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I've read the carbs need tweaked due to EPA regs...did yours run good or did it need adjusted?

I've got a cs400, I adjusted it after 4 tanks of fuel. A friend of mine had the cs310, his needed adjusting real bad after 6 tanks, low side was too rich, hi side wasn't off by much. Later I did a slight mod on his muffler and had to richen it up a bit.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I have the 352, basically the same saw. I'm happy with it.

Needs to be properly tuned. Really wakes up with a muffler mod.

You can get these NIB off eBay for about 75 less than in the store.

Is ir hard to adjust the carb with the limiter caps on the new saws...or can I take it in to get it properly adjusted?

So when I pull them is it a screwdriver slot in the needles? Any "crash course" to saw tuning you'd recommend?

When you pop the little plastic caps out there are small slotted heads inside.

Normally these saws are tuned too lean so they will need to be backed out (counterclockwise) to run right.

There are many YouTube videos on how to tune a saw. Watch a few of them.

When in doubt leave the saw on the rich end versus lean to avoid the risk of lean burn down.

When you pop the little plastic caps out there are small slotted heads inside.

Normally these saws are tuned too lean so they will need to be backed out (counterclockwise) to run right.

There are many YouTube videos on how to tune a saw. Watch a few of them.

When in doubt leave the saw on the rich end versus lean to avoid the risk of lean burn down.

Thanks! I assume I'm on my own for the tuning as a shop "isn't allowed" to stray from factory settings? Assume cutting the tabs on the caps will void warranty as well...probably nothing to worry about though

Back