Echo CS3450 Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A dealer up here in Canada has a sale running on the Echo CS3450 chain saw. For $325 Canadian ($215 U.S.), you get the saw with a 16" bar plus a carrying case and oil. Echo also gives you a 2 year consumer warranty or 1 year commericial. Would this saw be alright for occasional tree work. Often when I do spring cleanups in my landscaping business, I'll get 5-10 clients asking me to trim or remove 1-2 trees from their yards. The trees range from maples to birch and evergreens. Last year, I had to rent a saw 6 times to do this work. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a saw since I won't be using it very much and would rather put my money towards a hedge trimmer which I'll use more often. What do you guys think?

That's about the going price for that saw. I use the 3400 for climbing, same saw with a top handle instead of a rear handle. If it fits your budget, go for it. They are rugged lil saws and should last you qiute a while.

its a bit small for what u plan to use it for ,but would handle
the job ,probably. might turn some trees into real hard work though. good luck .later now

Nothing wrong with this saw. I have had one in the past, until someone stole it, and it was very reliable. I would however, put on the smaller 14" bar and chain, as I believe the saw is a little small for a 16" one.

Kam,

Thanks for the tip on the Solo saws. I haven't heard of it before. I imagine any Revi store carries them but are they a good saw? Is the motor commericial grade with 2 piston rings?

Thanks?

Back