Echo CS352 Filter Condom

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdNorCal

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Posted a thread last week about the cs352 filter allowing debris to pass into the carb. This is a common problem that has been brought up from time to time for several years. Applying grease to the filter connection does nothing, or very little, to stop debris.

After the discussion and suggestions from the earlier post, I decided to try Tim-knockers approach of making a condom (ok, he said pre-filter sock) for the air filter.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-cs-352-air-filter-is-terrible.334354/

The sock material used is a lot thinner then the pics make it out to be. Even the pic with the hand and daylight behind it makes the material look thicker then actual. The material is polyester and should hold up well. I intentionally made it over sized as to allow max air flow and take longer before needing to be cleaned. I made 3 of them since they only take a couple minutes to make and then they can be rotated.

Sock 1.jpg Sock 2.jpg Sock Material.jpg

Posted a thread last week about the cs352 filter allowing debris to pass into the carb. This is a common problem that has been brought up from time to time for several years. Applying grease to the filter connection does nothing, or very little, to stop debris.

After the discussion and suggestions from the earlier post, I decided to try Tim-knockers approach of making a condom (ok, he said pre-filter sock) for the air filter.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-cs-352-air-filter-is-terrible.334354/

The sock material used is a lot thinner then the pics make it out to be. Even the pic with the hand and daylight behind it makes the material look thicker then actual. The material is polyester and should hold up well. I intentionally made it over sized as to allow max air flow and take longer before needing to be cleaned. I made 3 of them since they only take a couple minutes to make and then they can be rotated.

View attachment 753240 View attachment 753241 View attachment 753242
Much better than stock, nice work.

I am getting a saw soon with this style of filter. I was thinking of putting sponge on the inside if it can be taken apart. But your idea seems to be probably easier.

Thx!

Back