echo cs501p?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On par with a stock old style 261c I would say. Much cheaper$ and a good bit lighter.

620p 361p now 501p ,Sounds like echo is creepin in on pro market. Thanks Red97 I am new to A- Site and appreciate your reply. Many thanks!

Bone stock 501p first tank of fuel.

Vs my ported 490 same bar/chain.

I think the 501p will be ahead of the 490 once I get it finished up

Looks like a runner! And that part about light weight even better! Once a fellow passes age 40 he notices Lb@oz. before HP. LOL thanks for info. much greatfull.

What all is done to your 490? And how many tanks through it? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

What all is done to your 490? And how many tanks through it? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

Full woods port. Base/squish cutComp around 210 exhaust/transfers raised,muffler mod, carb mod and a different air filter set up.

The carb mod and filter mod didn't add maybe 5% so not really any better than the ones I didn't do those on.

Check the rest of my youtube videos for my other echo models.

i would love to see a stock video of both that would be interesting....

Thanks Red97 When you say compression 210psi. Is that safe with pump gas? No detionation? did you retard the timing? Just curious that bad boy is around 12.5-1 comp. ratio. you've done alot to that 490.

i would love to see a stock video of both that would be interesting....

By "feel" they would be close with the 501 being ahead.
The 501 feels slightly smaller because of no easy start. 501 also come with a decomp and a metal handle bar. Otherwise virtually identical.

Thanks Red97 When you say compression 210psi. Is that safe with pump gas? No detionation? did you retard the timing? Just curious that bad boy is around 12.5-1 comp. ratio. you've done alot to that 490.

Perfectlysafe on pump gas, these saws do not generate a lot of dynamic compression. Like a 4 stroke, or a 2 stroke with pipe.
No timing adjustment at all. So signs of detonation. I have had a couple 230-240 psi that showed no signs od detonation. I try to keep then 190-210psi now depending on displacement.

Red97. Mercy Sakes, You just keep making the Echos look good!
You got any build threads posted anywhere?
Or any porting numbers to disclose?

But of course, I gotta ask, has Sawtroll weighed in on 'em yet? lol.

Red97. Mercy Sakes, You just keep making the Echos look good!
You got any build threads posted anywhere?
Or any porting numbers to disclose?

But of course, I gotta ask, has Sawtroll weighed in on 'em yet? lol.

490 has a lengthy build thread. Elsewhere. Haven't got to the 501p yet, it is high on the list when I get caught up.

I've heard all about it from Mr troll, Frankly don't care. Thsee new echos are VERY competitive with the big 2 and dolmars current 50/60cc offering.

Really wish echo would revamp the 70/80cc offerings.

="expert of nothing, post: 6122196, member: 148200"]echo probably going to discontinue the 680.
E="expert of nothing, post: 6122220, member: 148200"]I bet i can make you smile? Try goggling echo cs1201 youtube Let me know what you think... :muscle:[/QUOTE]

Echo should replace the 680-8000 with a 75 and 85cc version of the 620.

The 680,8000 are basically the same as they were 30+years ago.

It 1201 is an old design too not a lot different than the 090 other than still available new.[/QUOTE]

Echo is very wise by not advertising HP specs. they avoid regulations by EPA and fly below the radar. And are quite happy to see S @ H fight it out, thats how they keep costs down.This may be a little off thread but just had to say so. Hope they keep up the fine work. :numberone:

Back