echo cs600 won't do anything except idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled Welch plug out. Had to drill to get it out. There was nothing laying in there. The holes are clear through to the carb body... My only question right now is do I have the carb screws correct? H and L? Or backwards?
It looks like that carb has a check valve on the main jet, and if it has, the jet should NOT have a clear hole through to the body. If the little flap is missing out of the valve it could allow enough air to be pulled back into the idle well, to the point that the transfer ports won't supply enough fuel to let the engine speed up to where it will run on the main jet. A good suggestion made above, was to see if you can get the saw to rev up by using some setting of the choke. That will confirm that the high speed circuit can deliver fuel. I don't think that saw has a primer bulb, but if it has, plug the line at the carb that comes from the primer just to eliminate another source of air leak into the metering chamber.

Yup. You are correct, the little black piece of rubber was pushed out to make sure it was clear. Good eyeballs.

Ethanol again? There have been a lot of difficult to diagnose problems because of these crappy little valves going south. The alcohol makes the little flapper valve swell and they tend to stick open or closed. Usually open. It can also be VERY difficult to find a replacement.

Carb cleaner is rough on those rubber parts and gaskets. I won't use carb clean on pump carbs anymore. Brake clean all the way and has the pressure to blow out ports without damaging say check valves

tried a replacement carb..same issue... bought a used OEM ignition from ebay last nite... shall see what happens.

mind boggling stupid problem!

coast was clear.

set the carb to factory settings from echo manual... same issue
removed muffler screen, clean as a whistle... ran without muffler.. same issue
removed the cylinder to look at the piston.. spotless.. nothing on they cylinder, nothing on the piston.. complete skirt in tact..

what in the world could it possibly be?
take that echo manuel and throw it in the garbage,,,, the manuel mixture settings are setting it to epa specs which makes it lean,,, throw it in the garbage and richen the carb up

Don't a Have echo manual.. ;). Hope the ignition is here early this week. Get the saw out of my garage

No one said check the spark plug. Had one cause same problem on me one time would not idle long. Pop and start would not run. So that may not be your problem. Worth a try to see. Check simple things first. Did it ever run wot throttle with fuel sprayed into carb missed it if you said so. Watching to see what happens.

Yea, I tried 2 more plugs from a running saw and one brand new one. Same thing :(

Yeah I'm waiting for a few items to show up too. Bed mattress, roller blade wheels, and my moped piped to modify for a echo cs510 yeahya. With a glass filled silencer

Ok got my roller blade wheels and installed them. The old wheels were hard and slippery on the indoor rink. Now I should be able to keeps up with my kids and hopefully not land on my ars

Back