Echo cs620 32" noodling oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 620's are good. I wouldn't have thought it would handle a 32" bar that well! I'll stick with the 28" it came with.
Likewise, I would have bet dam good money that it wouldn't. This test is over so it will be going back down to the 24" tsumura bar. I am probably going up a size in driver as a direct result of this though.

When I added the second hole to the muffler in addition to the standard MM it seem to add the note I think you are talking about. Recording seems to Pick it up easier then what you get in person. Almost like exhaust escaping the two ports is happening at a slightly different time. Extremely pronounced idling in person.

The 600 series echos clear noodles better then most saws iv ran including my 7910. The longer then normal stroke helps when pulling the big bars.
Chain needs touched up but it cut ok.

I'd highly agree with you on how these things clear chips. My 288xp is dreadful when it comes to noodles. It packs them so bad that on a long cut I have to stop and dig them out with a screwdriver.

Don't know the reason if its the muffler or the recording equip but the Op saws Exhaust note to me sounded strange not clean but difficult to describe it seemed to cut well so it might be me ?
They get stupid loud depending on how you open the muffler up. Mine has the internal baffles opened up but still runs through the factory outlet with the deflector opened up. Probably giving up a little performance but I cut in town sometimes and ask Del to not make it to loud.

It did get louder and different sounding. I think if I fully opened up that spot it would sound more normal but I don't do mufflers like that. I do a hole and slowly open it till the improvements start to get smaller. I could go bigger and I'm sure it would get a little stronger up top, but it probably wouldn't run as good all around.
Least till it's ported anyway, then it will need more for sure.

Back