echo cs620p or husqvarns 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched your vid again by chance the other day. And a brand new saw ~1.5 sec behind the current leader ain't to bad in my book! That reminds me of the video of "166" comparing a brand new 6100 to the 562 and it was even closer!
So what does this tell us? That isn't enough in my world to warrent about double the price for "awsomeness" where I live and there sure is a lot of hype going on. Kind of reminds me of former times when the same was going on for the 361. The whole bull$€!% about "curring cancer", "saving the world", etc. sure was a big pain and hardly trying to be objective.

You're right, for most people the price difference is not justified. ECHO 620 SX is a very good saw, especially compared to the 600 and 610.

The real strength of the 560/562 is the grip and handling. For me working in difficult conditions, the ease of use of the 560/562 is very important. It's the best 60cc saw for limbing fast. This is what makes these saws far better for me than the MS 362 or ECHO 620 (and i have long used the 362 and the 361 (361 was far better than 362 for me)). I love the Dolmar by cons, I must receive a Beal TR610 (Dolmar 6100) for test soon.

... to warrent about double the price for "awsomeness" where I live...

That's the thing. In the US, I can get a Jonsered 2260 Already Ported for $815 (USD) +(cheap) shipping. I don't think I would be able to get a ported echo or anything else for half that. Different folks, living in different economies, different priorities. The echos, dolmars and efcos are undoubtedly great saws, but they are not half price for me.

I watched your vid again by chance the other day. And a brand new saw ~1.5 sec behind the current leader ain't to bad in my book! That reminds me of the video of "166" comparing a brand new 6100 to the 562 and it was even closer!
So what does this tell us? That isn't enough in my world to warrent about double the price for "awsomeness" where I live and there sure is a lot of hype going on. Kind of reminds me of former times when the same was going on for the 361. The whole bull$€!% about "curring cancer", "saving the world", etc. sure was a big pain and hardly trying to be objective.

Are you saying the Echo is half the price of the 562???
Ouch!!

You're right, for most people the price difference is not justified. ECHO 620 SX is a very good saw, especially compared to the 600 and 610.

The real strength of the 560/562 is the grip and handling. For me working in difficult conditions, the ease of use of the 560/562 is very important. It's the best 60cc saw for limbing fast. This is what makes these saws far better for me than the MS 362 or ECHO 620 (and i have long used the 362 and the 361 (361 was far better than 362 for me)). I love the Dolmar by cons, I must receive a Beal TR610 (Dolmar 6100) for test soon.

The Dolmar also looks large, and is heavy compared to the 560xp - and it has the dang inboard clutch, that tends to destroy the handling.....

The 620 is geared more towards the 365xt area. Given that they're only 59.8cc, the power band and design leans toward your 24 inch b&c area. In 16 inch or smaller wood I'm sure the 562 will be faster and easier to use. But if you're bucking logs the 620 isn't a bad option.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Moody, Where the heck did you get that 1967? Are you trying to Out Mustang me??? If it was a Fastback, I would truly be jealous, but that is very nice. What motor?

The Dolmar also looks large, and is heavy compared to the 560xp - and it has the dang inboard clutch, that tends to destroy the handling.....

This is true, but the Dolmar handle much better than the Echo, really close of the 562. The 560, that's not a saw, it's an OVNI.

This is true, but the Dolmar handle much better than the Echo, really close of the 562. The 560, that's not a saw, it's an OVNI.

I doubt it is really close, as there is more weight, more bulk, and the dang inboard clutch with the Dolmar (all more or less connected issues).
Then there is the lack of AutoTune and Revboost, and a lower power rating - but that's another discussion really.

Moody, Where the heck did you get that 1967? Are you trying to Out Mustang me??? If it was a Fastback, I would truly be jealous, but that is very nice. What motor?

289 I've got a lot of hours in that car.

Exactly! I don't mind paying more for better stuff! :)

My prices on the 620p are about $125 lower than the 562. Like I have said before it boils down to intended use. The 620 is a little more robust and would fit someone who does more bucking. Such as a farmer moving a fallen tree or someone who limbs with a small saw.

im a husky 562xp fan here but I think you also need to look into the warranty on both products and the dealer service if you have a dealer that is good and you like then I would go with what he is carrying weight and balance are also vary important and easy of maintenance dose the bar nuts fully remove and can be lost is the air filter easy to access and clean is there screws that can get lost on cylinder cover these are all examples of things you might want in the saw you own .
personal use and choice is what it boils down to

Latest posts

Back