Echo CS670 crankcase gasket/case splitting question. Flywheel...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to tearing down my Echo CS670. What type of case splitter would you use?
Also, when I replace the gasket between the crankcase halves, should I install the gasket dry, or use some kind of sealer or epoxy?
Additionally, does anyone know of an all-purpose flywheel puller for a job like this? (I don't want to simply protect the crank threads and then smack it with a hammer).

*Hope to post some pics soon !!

I'm finally getting around to tearing down my Echo CS670. What type of case splitter would you use?
Also, when I replace the gasket between the crankcase halves, should I install the gasket dry, or use some kind of sealer or epoxy?
Additionally, does anyone know of an all-purpose flywheel puller for a job like this? (I don't want to simply protect the crank threads and then smack it with a hammer).

*Hope to post some pics soon !!

I have a 670 I got with a couple other saws. The piston is toast and am missing top covers and air filter. I got the flywheel off by loosing the nut and then hitting the nut while it covers the threads. I’m not sure if I will put time into bringing it back to life

Latest posts

Back