Echo CS7310 info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy I know just bought one in my CRG for $770 with 28". He has it already tore down with pics porting it.

Retail they are saying is $749-$799 with 20". $8+ with 28"

Inside cylinder and transfers look pretty neat. But the weight was more then expected. Even over book specs.
I wonder which book. European/Japanese book says 6.8kg and with the outer dogs (35g) it is exactly 6.80xxkg. Meanwhile the close competitor states 6.6kg while on actual scales it has 6.735kg without any outer dogs :)

D’you have the link to the pictures of him porting it?

I wonder which book. European/Japanese book says 6.8kg and with the outer dogs (35g) it is exactly 6.80xxkg. Meanwhile the close competitor states 6.6kg while on actual scales it has 6.735kg without any outer dogs :)

D’you have the link to the pictures of him porting it?

Ones I seen overseas always showed 6.7kg. But just a hair over 6.8kg is it.

Ones I seen overseas always showed 6.7kg. But just a hair over 6.8kg is it.
It’s the same story as with T540XP - once you got the dogs fitted it is 3954g = 4.0kg. That’s why it’s taken off in the box :)
For 7310 the outer dogs are on, so it has to be rounded up to 4.8 (although it is a hair below that).
Check my previous message - the other maker “forgot” 100+g and nobody cares :)

7310: Length 17 1/2, Height filter cover 9 1/4, Height handle 11 1/8, Width 8 1/8, Height handle 12 3/4
572: Length 17 3/4, Height filter cover 9 1/4, Height handle 10 3/8, Width 8, Height handle 11 1/2

Echo really needs to get with the program and offer a fully heated model. This should be available on this saw, imo.

they have effectively eliminated consideration by many, I daresay most, pros who work in cold climates in the winter.

Echo really needs to get with the program and offer a fully heated model. This should be available on this saw, imo.

they have effectively eliminated consideration by many, I daresay most, pros who work in cold climates in the winter.

It already exists. There is a black plastic plug on the right side of the rear handle on ECHO CS-7310P exactly for that.
Probably it’s more a market demand thing.

Attachments

• 0C56DB9D-6321-4642-AC46-D68ADB20F7CA.png
    0C56DB9D-6321-4642-AC46-D68ADB20F7CA.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
The Echo's filter after a tank and a half of cutting very dusty wood.

50b2c382650290f5a3333a5e7c573bba.jpg

Nothing whatsoever in the intake.

aa0a615cfb3258d56e797f2b5f5df60b.jpg

I think very highly of it so far. It has plenty of power, but not quite to the level of the 572, and definitely not the 462. The 500i is 80cc and on a different level of power. The AV is second to none, very similar to the 572 in firmness, and at least as smooth. The two Stihl saws are smooth, but do flop around more. I'm not crazy about the carb, it can occasionally has a slight off idle bog, and it wont tune out, "too much pop off pressure I think". And the limiters have to be pulled, and the needles are cut in half lengthwise, this makes the screwdriver slip off easy. The saw also has some weight to it, I'll put it on a scale tonight. It oils a 28" bar well, a 32" should be no problem. Perfect balance with the 28" lightweight bar. The body of the saw is nice and slim. It sips fuel, runs a good long time on a tank.

In the end it should be a very attractive saw for a serous firewood cutter, more so than the more expensive Stihl 462, the Husky is a different story as it's much closer in price. And lets be honest the 500i is out of the price range for most. If marketed correctly it should sell well, with a wrap handle I think guys out west would like the saw if they gave one a try. I have a video coming after I get it edited, should be up by tomorrow.

Do I like it better than the other saws? In some ways, the value, quality and what is likely the best filter system out there. But it's not as powerful or as light, and there is something to be said about Auto tuning saws, or now fuel injected. No time spent tuning or thinking about it, it's a huge advantage for most people.

Latest posts

Back