Echo EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have 2 Echo's with no spark. A 650 EVL that was one of my Dad's saws, and the 750 EVL my friend just gave me. I saw a couple electronic modules, used, on the bay for $125. Not going to drop that kind of money on a used part. Is there any trick to putting a Nova II module in them. I put one in a points Homelite Super 1050 with no problems and it runs fine after about 10 years.

I don't have any experience with ignition swaps, but I'm interested! I know there are a lot of vintage echo saws out there needing coils. If you want to get rid of either, let me know. They could be parts saws for me!

Biggest problem with the nova chip is that it need to be connected to a plain-Jane simple ignition coil. Your coil is electronic and has failed internally. So....unless you can retrofit an older non VL (not EVL) coil on the saw, the Nova will likely not help you any. I wonder if a guy could dig out all the electronics and find the primary connection for the coil and wire it direct......then you might be able to get that Nova to work. Hmmmmm.......

I have 2 Echo's with no spark. A 650 EVL that was one of my Dad's saws, and the 750 EVL my friend just gave me. I saw a couple electronic modules, used, on the bay for $125. Not going to drop that kind of money on a used part. Is there any trick to putting a Nova II module in them. I put one in a points Homelite Super 1050 with no problems and it runs fine after about 10 years.
Just found out that I'm in the same spot with my 650evl .I didn't see any available anywhere, going to miss that saw.

There's a local shop that's been in business since the early 70's, he said he thinks he has a source that might be able to get me two complete modules. Said it might take a couple days to run them down. We'll see.

I have a solution.....i,ll sell you an echo 650 parts saw for super cheap. Has lots of good parts....nos clutch cover and such. I,m not going to fix it ever. Lost interest...............I need it to leave my house!

Also.....as far as the 750 evil goes.........I have some 602 parts saws that may have interchangeable coils. Look up the part numbers and i,ll sell a 602 coil if it will work for you...........i thought the only differences between 602 702 and 750 evil were crank...cylinder....carb....but could be wrong.

Let me see what my guy has. I maybe interested in the coil, no more parts saw. I need to thin the herd, just don’t know which ones I can live without.

Back