Echo Twin CST-610EVL Information Sharing Thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the one I had.

IMG_3214-L.jpg

IMG_3216-L.jpg

IMG_3217-L.jpg
Wow that's mint

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sitting on my shelf, haven't ever put fuel in it since getting it from Brad

I have two of
the models that were sold in Japan:
139_3912.JPG
newer 611T (upper left - probably the same as the 610 sold abroad)
older 601TVLA (right - probably the same as the 600 sold abroad)

There are some minor differences, for example the location of the fuel lid, cooling vents in the front cover on the 611...

Chy's Twin is a 651T with larger displacement (65 cc??)

One of the 611s:

In Japan it seems that all of them had a chain brake but no manual oiler...

I have an IPL if that would be helpful.
I have a pair of minty JD/Echo twins from Genius and three more echo twin parts saws, one is a runner missing a few bits.
I am looking for an Allis Chalmers branded Echo Twin now :)
Dave

Allis Chalmers twin sounds very interesting. Do you have pics?

Scott

Hi Scott, Interesting that these saws made it to Italy.
I have the John Deere version with the broken handle bracket and rear handle just as you said.
View attachment 636846
Runs great. I had it at work and we had a young German engineer visiting so I let him cut with it and he was amazed at how smooth a saw older than him could cut.
I had a gent in a training seminar from Washington state who told me they made a backpack air compressor from this engine, with one cylinder making the air, and it was used for operating pneumatic loppers for pruning in orchards. He has a customer still using one regularly. He sent me an IPL but I can't find it, but I did get this pic from a friend who works at Echo in Lake Zurich:
View attachment 636847
My friend at Echo showed me a video of his snow bike, which uses this motor to drive a small track on what is a light bike looking frame with a ski to steer the front. Pretty cool.
I had heard but don't know if it is true that Echo had plans to make 3 saws, 60, 80, and 100 cc displacement but since the 60 cc version I guess didn't take off as hoped the bigger models never were developed.

Eddie-

Hey, great meeting you a few days ago! Let me know if you decide to unload that yellow twin; looks kind of out of place with all those orange and gray...

I wonder if this was your buddy's snow bike? Said to be 80 cc's so maybe not. Anyway here it is -

Scott

I owned this one for a while when I gained interest in Echo. Primarily as a shelf queen but was very impressed with how smooth it idled. The only saw I ever owned that would not "walk off" while idling on a hard surface. The saw was in good shape, ran well and a guy made me an offer that was impossible to pass up.

She's a beauty! Thanks for posting the pics.

I have two of
the models that were sold in Japan:
View attachment 637420
newer 611T (upper left - probably the same as the 610 sold abroad)
older 601TVLA (right - probably the same as the 600 sold abroad)

There are some minor differences, for example the location of the fuel lid, cooling vents in the front cover on the 611...

Chy's Twin is a 651T with larger displacement (65 cc??)

One of the 611s:

In Japan it seems that all of them had a chain brake but no manual oiler...

Very nice! Is it possible to get spare parts for these in Japan? The CDI's are in high demand here.

Scott

It has been a frustrating week searching for parts.

I did Google searches for part numbers and found several vendors who had parts listed.

-I ordered a few CDI modules (part 15060116131 or 15660116130). Order canceled once the vendor realized that they did not have any of these. Shite.

-I ordered three coils (part 15662616130). Right now, randysenginerepair.com is shipping one to me. Not cheap at $93, but I wanted to have a spare so I bit the bullet. I also found a few listed through Sears.com; less expensive, so I ordered a few and they are allegedly backordered.

-I found a few of the handle brackets (part 35161416131) listed on eBay. Ordered a few. Order canceled the next day. Another knucklehead who was listing parts that are no longer available.

-Bottom plate/rear handle (part 35112316131). Ordered a few. Order canceled a few days later - NLA. Yeah, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.

If anyone has any sources for parts (new or used) please feel free to post.

Thanks

Scott

I am sure Echo sold more of these overseas than domestically. Also, shops have the tendency to throw out parts after 10 years or so for space reasons over here...
It seems that the 2-cylinder Echos were very popular in the Netherlands. They also seem to have NOS parts popping up here and there in that country.

I have the quartet of twins on the bench now. Wanna guess how many have spark???

Looks like I'll do a bit of parts swapping; my one minty runner has a cracked bottom handle (see picture in first post). One will get swapped from another saw. And for the saws that don't have spark, I'll try the easy stuff first. If that doesn't work, I'll swap parts around until I figure out if it's a coil or the ignition module.

If anyone has spare parts (or parts saws), please message me. I need a plastic knuckle guard or two, a handle bracket (see picture in first post), an ignition module or 2 (or 10), and a few other bits.

If anyone needs spare parts, I think one of my saws will end up as a parts saw.

thanks

Scott
IMG_0039.jpg

I had a very nice Echo twin but sold it to a friend that’s supposed to be putting it in a traveling museum , it was in very nice shape and ran great.

Back