Echo Twin CST-610EVL Information Sharing Thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on disassembling my parts saw; it's filthy! I usually blow most of the crud off with compressed air, but don't have my compressor hooked up yet (just moved), so there's dirt/sawdust/grime everywhere.

This saw didn't have spark, so I pulled the module and coils. I'll test them in a saw that has spark now.

IMG_0056.jpg

C3 -

You may be on to something on the Zenoah G800BPU. It's an 80 cc twin, horizontally opposed two stroke engine, 1,800 rpm - 10,000 rpm operating range, with a CDI type ignition with a flywheel magneto. Details and pictures here - http://www.zenoah.co.jp/int/products/hobby-engines/g800bpu/ and here's the IPL - http://www.zenoah.co.jp/ddoc/ZENO/ZENO2013_AAaa/ZENO2013_AAaa_G800BPU,G800BPU-1_(301).pdf

Bottom line -- it looks like the G800BPU has a very similar ignition to the Echo twin, including the CDI unit and twin coils. The problem with the RC engine ignition made by C & H that's mentioned in my earlier post is that it uses a battery instead of a flywheel magneto.

Here's a pic of the Zenoah CDI (they call it a source coil - part number is 2629-71210) -

View attachment 636791
And here's the Echo CDI part number 15060116131

View attachment 636794

They appear to be similar, but hard to tell how close they are without comparing the two as they are sitting next to each other. Looks like the price is about $100 for the Zenoah unit; not cheap, but if it's a reasonably easy retrofit, we may have something...

Scott
The Zenoah is unlikely to be fitted in present form. The originals have 51mm apart (c-c) mounting holes aided by locating pins I do think we should try to have spares made of the coils and sender maybe 1000.

I have an idea (electrical fitter-mechanic (old school) /auto electrician/elect eng) for recovering dud ignition systems. In the meantime of finding replacements ( I own 2 x600, 2x 610) If someone would supply me some ignition parts, crook is likely of course, I will try to recreate a modern use system with readily available materials.. If it works it will be a bonus for us all. I have already repaired one ignition and am about to experiment with a re-filling compound.By the way Atom in Australia parented the original electric/electronic-ignitions.

I have a nice runner too but the bracket is broken. Still looking for this part. Does anyone know if other echo models share the same bracket ?View attachment 682379

One of my 610's has break in handguard bottom-plate almost exactly in its curves and break area like the one shown by 'Belgian'. There must be a casting fault which breaks when wrist pressure is in it from the way the saw is held.

One person asked about replacement bracket. I saw one for sale only recently....am trying to refind the site. I spend hours cleaning each of mine, none showed as much likelihood of crankshaft seal leakage as this one Seals are available

One of my 610'2 has a chain cover which takes two dogs...the rest can only take one. Hmmmm!!….Perhaps that was an option...or perhaps there IS some other echo saw with same clutch cover...though the claim is these shared no part.

Whata mad way to design....the whole trugger assembly and clutch and starting areas should in my view have bee parts shared from other machine runs.. That makes no difference to todays parts scarcity. Someone ought there will be

trained enough to cast new towers and soon and I'll work on this ignition when and if some sends me their likely dud igniitions. If we succeed these saws will become more desirable and useful. Cheers.

Just saw this if any of you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/815054455790250/?ref=facebook_story_share
b9b5ccbc5cf6a3787a70ceb3a145ab26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bumping an old thread. I sold/traded all mine, but thinking about picking up another one. There are several on eBay right now and prices aren't outrageous. One is a runner for $590 (does have some minor damage) and another is listed for $750; clean saw, but no mention of whether it's a runner or not.

Since the thread got bumped, thought I would rebump just in case anyone had a handle for a twin, I'm still looking for one.

JD 66SV 9.jpeg

I finally found one. Its not the best of shape but its a good runner. Just started cleaning it today. Few small thing i need for it. Will have to keep an eye on ebay.
So far it needs the front plug cover, clutch spring seems week,
It has the wrong bar

Attachments

• 20220414_102202.jpg
    20220414_102202.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220414_102209.jpg
    20220414_102209.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220417_100457.jpg
    20220417_100457.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220417_101448.jpg
    20220417_101448.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
I just bought one with a shoddy homemade starter cord setup that broke. Does anybody know the length that the starter rope should be at?

I have one of these in my possession right now, kind of a cool saw, but yes, very heavy. Sounds like a big block when it's idling :) It kind of run when it wants to, but seems to do okay when it is. But, I feel like the chain is not spinning fast enough.... anyone know what the high RPM should be?

Speaking of parts being hard to find, I just bought my first one a couple weeks back. Unfortunately the ignition system is bad. I’m not sure whether it is the pickup or secondary coils that have gone bad, but I don’t know how to test it. Does anybody have a parts machine I could buy, or know where I can source a new ignition system? Any help is appreciated,
Thanks-
Ben

Speaking of parts being hard to find, I just bought my first one a couple weeks back. Unfortunately the ignition system is bad. I’m not sure whether it is the pickup or secondary coils that have gone bad, but I don’t know how to test it. Does anybody have a parts machine I could buy, or know where I can source a new ignition system? Any help is appreciated,
Thanks-
Ben

Man, those parts are HARD to find! I never had much luck sourcing coils or modules.

They weren't super high reving saws.. be nice to it parts are hard as heck to find. Hence why mine is sitting in a box torn apart.
Oh man, now you guys are making me afraid to use it! It technically belongs to my buddy, who got it from his Dad. He brought it here to use it one day on a tree that fell in my yard, but he couldn't get it to start... and then decided he would leave it for me "to use"... I was confused, you're lending me a chainsaw that won't run?? But, I dumped the gas out, put in a fresh mix of a fairly oily mix that they seemed to call for back then, and it mostly fired right up. That was 2 years ago and he hasn't come to get it, but he hasn't said it's mine either. Here is a picture of it, not sure of the bar size, I'm guessing 20 or 22, and don't know if it's original. And, also pictured, another relic.... Homelite Little Red. Got this one free also.

Attachments

• 20221121_222012.jpg
    20221121_222012.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221121_222102.jpg
    20221121_222102.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back