Echo warranty stinks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bcef200f-26fe-4062-8f85-f0596497eec6.png

654dfa97-c87b-4abe-8c50-18eb4b79ae43.png

From there I don't know how to help you.

Okay. I'll wait for the store owner to say what he can do. I may use the saw without a chain catch. Have a great day.
UPDATE:
Finally !!!!!
After all the chatter this is the conclusion.
Evidently no one that read nor commented realized that an Echo part number exists for the PLASTIC cover without the Hardware.
That included my Dealer.
Anyone who owns an Echo cs310 / 352 needs to know:
C300000402
Is the part number for plastic clutch cover.
And I had a meeting with the Dealer today.
I was assured two things.
One. Yes that chain catch IS WEAK and I have a right to complain.
Two. The dealer TRIES to help customers with Warranty Claims BUT Echo has the last word.
I BLAME ECHO for the defective part and the mechanic was set back by what he saw. HOWEVER, the burden of proof is upon the customer. Several people who looked at the part FULLY agree that part is defective.
However my dealer can sell a complete cover for $35.00 which I rejected.
After some research I googled for the Part Number and found that Echo sells the plastic part for about 10 bucks ships for about 6 bucks. I bought 4. This ends my part of it but.
BE WARRNED :
Buy the cs 310/352 at your own risk.
If they had used BETTER plastic or engineered it a bit more robust, it would be a great little saw. Fact is, it's flawed.
Like dating a beautiful woman then learning she has HIV.
After today I have NO CONFIDENCE in Echo's Warranty. If they can't handle the little things how can we trust them to take care of the big things.
This settles it for me. Ive trailed this rabbit to it's den only to find out it's still a Skunk.
I'll fix all my own saws and forget the illusion called Warranty.
Good day.

You are correct it's there. I just went back, verified and clicked on it and it still won't open. Dunno why but it didn't open to a website. However , it will take you to the Echo site if you enter that number in Google as ,Echo part # C300000402.
The dealer and I failed to find the part.
Then after I got home I realized we didn't put the C with the other numbers.
However that may be a common mistake.
Therefore if anyone in the future needs that part please Google the C as part of the part numbers. I was thinking ,C identified the schematic location.
I think my dealer did too. He's a decent guy next time I'm over there I'll see if he can find it. Maybe the next guy won't have to wrestle this Pyathon. Then again, it may be just this ONE was a thin cast. Maybe I drew the Short straw. But now at least I know that ain't no rabbit. Good day.

IMG_20190909_162759.jpg
$11.06 as stated in U.S. , $15.00 cdn @ my local dealer !
Yes and the stinking dealer was to tight to pay for it. Guess his wholesale price was much less. I've changed Dealers. I was once a Service Manager. No way in Heavens Gate would I have sent a steady customer (4 saws bought in two years plus parts for fixing several old Sthil saws) walk out pissed with q NEW broken Saw for a CHEAP PART. To keep my 5 star rating customer happy I'd gladly have PAID out of my own pocket. Then I'd have contacted Echo and said, LET'S FIX this problem. But heck no the greedy snake bit me. Yes I'm Pissed. I'll be pissed for life. Back in 1970 I almost beat a thief to death when I caught him stealing and thought I was going to prision for it. I absolutely Hate a thief. I never forget if someone cheats me out of a penny BUT I give to the poor freely. I've found a new dealer. Home Depot would have been better. Today I spent all evening buying clothes and toys for the children of a poor family. I buy bicycles for children. I've cut trees off poor peoples houses for FREE. Im a giving person but. Cheat me, beat me, still from me, dirty deal me and this Elephant never forgets. Until Echo fixes this saw, ill shout to God and the Angels that this saw broke and no one came to my aid. I'm a very influencing man. I was promoting this dealer and Echo. Now ive stopped. I assure you this Dealer has lost lots of money for as you say a 15/+ or- dollar part. There is an old saying: offend a friend, make him your enemy and love your enemies because YOU MADE THEM. IF they would have handled this correctly I'd still be sending customers to his door. All I can say is: Buy Echo Saws from Home Depot because THEY usually have a money back Guarantee. Don't Trust a Dealer to do you right UNLESS in the past he's shown himself to be Honorable. Even Lowes and Walmart are better IMHO. I' done with these Momma Poppa Dealers. And Echo isn't off the Hook on this deal. I will add. Since I (the honorable customer) actually re engineered the flawed clutch cover by melting and adding MORE plastic (don't tell me Echo can't afford a few more drops of plastic) to the very thin gussets the saw is Lovely. The problem is an easy fix. The DEALERS are at fault because they are blowing it off as just one pissed customer. Fact is I've ALREADY stocked two of those cheap clutch covers bran new ready to install for those who need them. I'll probably fix those for folks for about 25 bucks changing the side tensioners, adjusting the chain installing everything and running the saw. I can do that and save folks I know the hasel of messing with a dealer since I work on most brands of saws. Problems like scratches on my arms may heal themselves but the weaknesses built by man only go away when man corrects them. Look at how thin those plastic gussets are. Picture below.

Wow , yep on the build sheet part #23 is $11.06 in the US . You are absolutely correct that the local dealer makes or breaks the chainsaw experience ! Fortunately the local Echo and Husquarna dealers are reputable , however I have heard the Echo 5 yr warranty horrors eleswhere . The Local Stihl Dealer more or less like yours unfortunately . Yes it boggles the mind that a reputable dealer would bock at such a cheap fix or the manufacturer for that matter . I hunt in Michigan each yr @ Buddies Deer Camp . Just a few miles from a Husquarna / Stihl Authorized Dealer , surprisingly ethical down to earth individual . He has spoken horror stories of the Stihl Distributors and Manufacturer Representation when it comes to Proprietory issues including warranty issues . I personally have previously owned MS-260 , MS-360 & MS-660 . However when they began with Stihls Propretary Policy , I quit drinking the Kool-Aid ! lol. In a nut shell I suppose Echo is not alone within shoddy Dealerships . P.S. I too do my own servicing and rarely have to depend on a local dealer unless warranted . All the best and Thank God I never raided your Apple tree when I was a kid lol . Cheers Bud !

Wow , yep on the build sheet part #23 is $11.06 in the US . You are absolutely correct that the local dealer makes or breaks the chainsaw experience ! Fortunately the local Echo and Husquarna dealers are reputable , however I have heard the Echo 5 yr warranty horrors eleswhere . The Local Stihl Dealer more or less like yours unfortunately . Yes it boggles the mind that a reputable dealer would bock at such a cheap fix or the manufacturer for that matter . I hunt in Michigan each yr @ Buddies Deer Camp . Just a few miles from a Husquarna / Stihl Authorized Dealer , surprisingly ethical down to earth individual . He has spoken horror stories of the Stihl Distributors and Manufacturer Representation when it comes to Proprietory issues including warranty issues . I personally have previously owned MS-260 , MS-360 & MS-660 . However when they began with Stihls Propretary Policy , I quit drinking the Kool-Aid ! lol. In a nut shell I suppose Echo is not alone within shoddy Dealerships . P.S. I too do my own servicing and rarely have to depend on a local dealer unless warranted . All the best and Thank God I never raided your Apple tree when I was a kid lol . Cheers Bud !
Ha. Ha. on the Apple Tree. I spent a Lot of time with my Moms people as a kid. We have no idea what nationality my Grandfather was. He claimed a Native American. Those folks gave me a lot of childhood lessons which framed my thinking. Now Apples or any food for that part was always shared freely. You would have had access to all the Apples and if you were a friendly poor child you would be put on my Santa list. I buy toys for children and food for entire families. I also buy and give clothes away. Once I saw a lady walking down the side of the road on a very cold day with no coat. It was a freezing drizzle. I was wearing a very expensive Down (real not fake down) coat with a hood and rain proof outter. I knew to give her a ride was not smart because she may say I had acted improper. So I removed my Coat and placed it over her shoulders and blessed her then drove away. Years later a man approached me. He said, thank you. I said for what. He said my wife pointed you out as the man who gave her your coat. Last year I attended a funeral with a friend. A beautiful young collage student came up and hugged me saying thank you. I asked for what. She said many years ago you bought me a bicycle when I was about 8 years old. I'm an Old Testament guy. I think ADULTS that need my help should ask. One cold winter night (I live in the country) two youthful boys beat on my door. Id say 17 or 18 years old. They were lost. It was around 3 am. I brought them inside, stoked the fire, fed fed them and let them stay over night in my other bed room. Next day I drove them home. I'll help the needy .but piss on the Greedy. Honor is a Gift that a man can bestow upon himself and so is dishonor. Honor is the best gift because you can take it to your grave. Ill give the shirt off my back but never forgive the man that takes it off without asking and prenission. Yep, I'm not like some folk. I may be down right strange but I'm happy with who I am.
Have a nice, bless you.

plastic chain catch that sounds like a bad design on echos part cheesing out on there saws. I am sorry you are having issues with the warenty I agree that they are just trying to get you to buy a new saw that would make me upset too.

I would try to find a honest dealer sounds like were you got your saw from are some real cheap skates.

plastic chain catch that sounds like a bad design on echos part cheesing out on there saws. I am sorry you are having issues with the warenty I agree that they are just trying to get you to buy a new saw that would make me upset too.

I would try to find a honest dealer sounds like were you got your saw from are some real cheap skates.

Update:
It's been quiet a while since I talked about the weak chain catcher.
The old one which I hot welded and BEEFED UP is holding up great. Have not installed the new one. IF my dealer had been fair and paid for the new one I'd RETURN IT. He could place it in his stock. Not been out a dime.
I have worked this little saw and now REALIZE WHY the chain jumped in the first place.
Today as I worked in heavy brush I saw a spark off the bar when a saw brier jerked a small limb into the chain unexpectedly. Yet the chain stayed on the bar. That made me think. Ever since I removed the cheap Echo bar and chain and installed a Decent Oregon bar and chain there has not been A SINGLE chain jump.
If they had a good bar and chain maybe the cheezy chain catch would not have broken.
My brother can't hot weld. He said he's going to add epoxy or JB Weld to his to add strength. Kinda reminds me of buying China stuff. Gotta fix stuff yourself if you want quaility. I'll add. The CS 490 and 590 are holding up great. Good day.

I am sorry your dealer didn't replace your saw a plastic chain catch that just sound cheezy to me glad your brother helped you with the saw hopefully th e better bar solves the problem I have a old echo cs 5500 I like the saw a lot it was made in 1989 it has metal tanks a metal chain chatch and a metal handle bar plastic has been a substitute for metal I guess to cut cost and weight? When I buy something expensive I expect quality I am thinking your saw is for light duty I guess.

glad you are making progress on your saw mabey resource the parts of ebay or post something on wanted section on arborist site mabey someone has a parts saw you could make it right.

I am sorry your dealer didn't replace your saw a plastic chain catch that just sound cheezy to me glad your brother helped you with the saw hopefully th e better bar solves the problem I have a old echo cs 5500 I like the saw a lot it was made in 1989 it has metal tanks a metal chain chatch and a metal handle bar plastic has been a substitute for metal I guess to cut cost and weight? When I buy something expensive I expect quality I am thinking your saw is for light duty I guess.

glad you are making progress on your saw mabey resource the parts of ebay or post something on wanted section on arborist site mabey someone has a parts saw you could make it right.
That saw has been used a lot and is working perfectly NOW that I fixed it. My brother bought Echo saws because I recommended Echo. Now all his Echo saws are replaced with Sthil. My Dealer had no idea what he's done. All woodsmen know never stick your hand in a hollow unless you want to find out the hard way if a Snake lives there. It's gonna hurt the dealer and Echo. I'll NEVER AGAIN send anyone to a dealer. Home Depot can't be any worse. For now I'm keeping my Echo saws. My other brother is a Sthil man all the way. He didn't let the price entice. Blessings

Its a common theme that Echo won't stand by their product like Stihl or Husky does (in general). Warranty ain't a gift or bonus you get when purchasing a product, if its a real worth its weight warranty it COSTS money and is factored into MSRP. Most Echo consumers from what I've seen make the Echo choice on PRICE, I think often they get duped with the 3/5 year warranty that's heavily advertised as its not worth the paper its written on. I'd rather poke myself in the eye than file a warranty claim with Echo...

As they say, live and learn. I'm starting to think of Echo like a Home Owner saw. It's still better than the really cheap crap but by no means a real saw. I'm slowing down at 72 so I'll keep my Echo's but I'm done recommending them. I' also done with the Dealer. Have a great day.

Great to hear that you have worked the bugs out of your Echo,s . It is unfortunate that such self serving Dealerships give Black Eyes to more ethical / competent ones . I have given up on my local Stihl dealership a few yrs back , after purchasing 3 Stihl saws over a 10-15 yr period . Between their misrepresentation and proprietary issues I completely switch Brands . Briefly with a Echo vs- 590 out of necessity , then with 3 Husky units and more recently Dolmar Product . All the Best Bud !

Back