Echo warranty stinks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That chain catch is so cheese I like my old 1989cs 5500 I will think twice of buying a new echo hard to beat for the price but used saw price right game on.:rock2:

That chain catch is so cheese I like my old 1989cs 5500 I will think twice of buying a new echo hard to beat for the price but used saw price right game on.:rock2:
Sad but Echo has sold its soul to the Big Money boogyman. Fact is greed creates need. One day this will all end. Then start over become corrupt end and start over. Honor seems to have lost it's power while Greed has enlarged. Good day

This is my experience.... Dealers / manufacturers will decline most warranty issues if they can in any way tie it to bad fuel, wrong mix ratio, or filter not cleaned properly. So in affect, most warranty issues you might have will probably be rejected. So for me, I buy 2 stroke equipment assuming I have no warranty. As a consequence, I have zero loyalty to any dealer. As the next consequence, I travel or buy online to save money on purchases. Dealers suck, screw them.

This is my experience.... Dealers / manufacturers will decline most warranty issues if they can in any way tie it to bad fuel, wrong mix ratio, or filter not cleaned properly. So in affect, most warranty issues you might have will probably be rejected. So for me, I buy 2 stroke equipment assuming I have no warranty. As a consequence, I have zero loyalty to any dealer. As the next consequence, I travel or buy online to save money on purchases. Dealers suck, screw them.
Sadly I TRULY thought I had found a really good dealer. I was sending people right and left to him. Sure there were negative reviews on line but I liked the guys in service department. Then one day they were not there. The young honest decent guy in sales, , gone! The owner, still there. What happened. I have no idea but a company is only as good as it's employee. A company is only as good as it's dedication to the customer.
Sadly, Corporate Greed is real. Blessings.

This is why you buy quality equipment that is designed to handle a chain derailment.

Buy a cheap saw, get a cheap saw, reap the benefits of said cheap saw.

I don't blame them for not replacing it. A chain derailment is not considered 'normal use' in my opinion and any damage done during one should not be covered. Especially on a $200 saw where the margin is probably less than the cost of the parts you're wanting for free. Echo wouldn't be around long if they lose money that easily.

Yeah if you break it yourself, you wear the cost. The little Stihl ms150 has a similar plastic chain catch but should you snap it off there is provisions for a metal one to be fitted (at customers cost). To be fair if this saw is a $200 homeowner special, you could have bought a higher grade saw with better components if you wanted. If I was the dealer I wouldn't be filling out a warranty claim on this case.

This is why you buy quality equipment that is designed to handle a chain derailment.

Buy a cheap saw, get a cheap saw, reap the benefits of said cheap saw.

I don't blame them for not replacing it. A chain derailment is not considered 'normal use' in my opinion and any damage done during one should not be covered. Especially on a $200 saw where the margin is probably less than the cost of the parts you're wanting for free. Echo wouldn't be around long if they lose money that easily.
Ha. Ha. You funny man. A chain can and will maybe derail. Anyone who ACTUALLY RUNS SAWS WILL TELL you its expexted.
Safety is the Reason it's there. No one in their right mind would expect it to break off if a chain jumps.
The cs352 WAS SOLD AS PROFESSIONAL. We replaced a Sthil 024 with it because we BELIEVED the lie. Thanks, have a nice day.

Latest posts

Back