Echo's New 70 cc Saw, CS-73x

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulda been orange with a fat black and white sight running all around.

Does that saw have any sights?

I guess it does have a groove in the top that runs into a rib in the black blob. Sights. Kinda.

Any discussion of a new Echo product should do a little reading on them honoring their warranties. When you receive your new Saw, it seems the dealer is done being friendly.
If in fact they ever need the warranty. Out of the big companies, I'd be more inclined to buy an echo 2x over when it comes to reliability

Talking about echo warranty.

I got a 590 that was starting to score from original owner. It was 6 months old.

I would have never caught it was scoring if I hadnt pulled muffler to mod it. The 590 was way to lean from the factory. IMO to why it was starting the score.
I pulled those plastic tabs and it took way more H to richen up where it needed to be IMHO.

Now I wonder if this owner had made a claim if they would have fixed it for him? Just a firewood cutter.

But being I bought it from him and saw still ran great and pulling 140psi the way it was. I bought a oem piston kit and gasket from Nate and fixed it.

But do wonder with all these to lean echos if they do fix them for folks or claim your mix caused it. Anyone?

e590o.jpg e590z.jpg

Talking about echo warranty.

I got a 590 that was starting to score from original owner. It was 6 months old.

I would have never caught it was scoring if I hadnt pulled muffler to mod it. The 590 was way to lean from the factory. IMO to why it was starting the score.
I pulled those plastic tabs and it took way more H to richen up where it needed to be IMHO.

Now I wonder if this owner had made a claim if they would have fixed it for him? Just a firewood cutter.

But being I bought it from him and saw still ran great and pulling 140psi the way it was. I bought a oem piston kit and gasket from Nate and fixed it.

But do wonder with all these to lean echos if they do fix them for folks or claim your mix caused it. Anyone?

View attachment 720200 View attachment 720201
My 620 came from a dealer, also a Stihl dealer. I ran my saw about 4 minutes and proceeded to dump the fuel, fuel with my 40:1 and pulled the caps. I've abused it to the hilt since. I'm not a huge fan of leaning on anyones warrenty and don't make purchases based on it. If the saw has a good history of being durable I'll grab it, run it how I want and make repairs as needed. Id rather have a saw that has a durable track record then a saw that has the best supported warranty

Current rumor on caught on the wind;
"it's been tested for almost two years now, spins just shy of 14000 RPM and has lots of torque. Weight is under the 576xp so should be close to the 572 ."
A 14000k torque saw, dam

Latest posts

Back