Echo's New 70 cc Saw, CS-73x

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard any updates when this saw will release? My local dealer had no idea Echo was coming out with a mid 70cc range saw.

A good dealer is worth their weight in gold.

Has anyone heard any updates when this saw will release? My local dealer had no idea Echo was coming out with a mid 70cc range saw.

A good dealer is worth their weight in gold.
Haven’t seen anything new since initial info. Nothing new on the other site either.

Before I bought my Echo CS 400 I had heard roumors they come from the factory lean and if your going to buy one ask the dealer about setting it up.

When I bought mine I didn't have to ask the dealer to set it up. He told me it would be about 15 minutes before I could take delivery as every saw they sell is taken out back and sunk into a big Oak block. Then tuned for the area.
He is the best chain saw dealer in the area and probably sells more saws than the husky and stihl dealers combined.
they sell Case International tractors and Kubota also.

:D Al

But there on every saw I have bought since 1990. Jonsered, 2 huskys and the Echo.
Have heard their on Dolmers and their twin sister too.

:D Al

I don't know. I have a big gap.. A few saws from the 80's, one 90, and the rest are post 07' . Only the later ones have limiters. Some of them were simple to defeat, some not as much.

My '90 never had limiters.

Canada's limiters may not have come on board as early as yours??

Idk.

My special order, bought new, Echo CS-361P didn't come with limiters. Didn't come with a box either.
They had it ready to go when I got there to pick it up. So maybe the dealer removed them for all I know.

I don't think my Dolmar 421 came with them either. But it does take a special tool to adjust the carb.

My dealer was straight up and told me they will blame most problems on bad fuel. Dealer also said it's a process going through echo warranty, mainly to find out how echo can spend the least on the repair. Or how echo can get out of covering a warranty claim.

I do warranty’s maybe monthly as we service a large are and thousands of pieces of equipment and I will say that Echo has warrantied 99.9% of items I put in for. First off putting a warranty in is very easy, and as log as you know what you are talking about and can get remotely close to WHY this issue occurred you are fine. People overplay the fuel issue, but it is an issue because their are people out their that will leave a saw with a half empty tank out for 6 months, get water sitting in the carb and consoling that “Echo should cover it” well I’m here to say that Echo should cover their material and design failures and NOT negligence, which is what I’ve seen. That includes the guy that buys a saw and runs a dull chain on it WFO of a whole tank to try and finish up his buddies firewood... that’s not on the company that’s abuse.

To each their own but find a invested dealer and they will take care of you and your equipment, leading to decrease down time and increased productivity.

Any updates guys?

Someone must know something?

They have an update to the Echo CS-620/Shindaiwa 600SX out right now. Strangely I haven't read anything about it here in the forum since folks were ranting and raving about the old models like it were the second coming of Elvis. :laugh:
The CS-8002 is out of production, they have a few heated handled saws coming out, a very interesting battery-powered top-handle and... oh, yes, apparently Auto Choke is coming to their homeowner range this year as well.

That's about all I know.

They have an update to the Echo CS-620/Shindaiwa 600SX out right now. Strangely I haven't read anything about it here in the forum since folks were ranting and raving about the old models like it were the second coming of Elvis. :laugh:
The CS-8002 is out of production, they have a few heated handled saws coming out, a very interesting battery-powered top-handle and... oh, yes, apparently Auto Choke is coming to their homeowner range this year as well.

That's about all I know.

AutoChoke is already in Europe since last year, and in Japan since 2017.

I am quietly waiting for this new high tech echo 70cc saw to come out. It will be big! The trading post will be full of discounted 462's, 572's, 461's & 7900's as their value will slide with everyone wanting to offload and upgrade to the latest & greatest technology Echo pro saw. You wait, the used saw market will shake to the core when this saw revolutionizes the modern chainsaw as we know it.

Latest posts

Back