Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi friends,
Iam new in forum and this is my first post. Iam searching to buy a new chainsaw. I think the efco 152 is a good choice. I found in good price the oleo mac 952. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the efco 152 and oleo mac 952?
Thanks a lot!!! and hope to get answers!!!

Hi friends,
Iam new in forum and this is my first post. Iam searching to buy a new chainsaw. I think the efco 152 is a good choice. I found in good price the oleo mac 952. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the efco 152 and oleo mac 952?
Thanks a lot!!! and hope to get answers!!!
Check out the parts breakdowns, you will see the common parts. Mainly, the differences are cosmetic.

I saw in a last post that there is a difference in cylinder. I downloaded the manuals of both chainsaws, i can see different numbers at a lot of their parts. I would like the opinion of someone who has good knowledge for my question.

I don't have an Oleomac IPL but the difference in Efco 152 and 952 is basically colors. I would highly recommend a newer model 156. More power and more toward a Pro grade saw than a 152. However, the 152 is an awesome saw for the money.
Shep

I don't have an Oleomac IPL but the difference in Efco 152 and 952 is basically colors. I would highly recommend a newer model 156. More power and more toward a Pro grade saw than a 152. However, the 152 is an awesome saw for the money.
Shep
I agree with Shep. I have a 156. Excellent saw! It will definately surprise you! One of my favorite saws. Runs really smooth and plenty of power. Best starting saw I have. 5 year warranty. One of the best deals out there! A real Dark Horse!

The 156 is too expensive for me. The 152 is in my budget. I found the oleo mac 952 for 345euro(455$) and the efco 152 for 380euro (500$). If the efco has upgraded parts, i prefer to buy it.

Date of manufacture should be on the tag on the back of the saw. The cylinder has been changed over (according to the company, few, if any, have actually been seen here) to the "capped" transfers, where there is a plate or cap on the transfer ports. Last I heard, the 152 will be last in the change to the MT series. I don't know of any significant changes between the 952 and 152, other than maybe the side adjuster for the chain, and color of the saw.

It was a running change. Date of the bulletin was 2-11. There is a serial number break, but if you aren't going with a "newest saw" it matters not. The new cylinder would be provided for spares. Usually when the cylinder goes, its not a warranty deal, (straight gassed, improper tune, etc.) so the customer doesn't want to foot the bill for a rebuild and chooses a new saw. Haven't had any issues with this size Olympic/Oleo-Mac/Efco other than the early electronic ignitions no longer being available, and haven't seen one with the use the original poster has on his.

I found the makita DCS52(52cc. 3.3 hp) at the same price with efco 152. What's your opinion for this makita? Efco 152 or makita DCS52 ??? :msp_w00t:

I have good dealer/parts support in both saws. A dealer told me that the makita it's much much better than efco, tha't why iam asking.

I have good dealer/parts support in both saws. A dealer told me that the makita it's much much better than efco, tha't why iam asking.

I own both brands and would be happy with either they are both good saws. You will have to run them and see which one you like the best, sometimes the decision comes down to the nitpicky things and that is a good thing. Its nice that the brands can field a product that is competetive it shows they are listening to what the consumer wants. I know this doesn't help you much, but sometimes you have to pick the one that doesn't clash with your cutting attire:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back