Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a question for all you guys.......I have a 152 and finally got a tach on it. It's running right around 12,000. Could it use a little adjustment or would you guys leave it? I only cut firewood, but I do want it to be running good. So far I couldn't be happier with it though. Great saw.........

Got a question for all you guys.......I have a 152 and finally got a tach on it. It's running right around 12,000. Could it use a little adjustment or would you guys leave it? I only cut firewood, but I do want it to be running good. So far I couldn't be happier with it though. Great saw.........
If it's run in then it could be set to 12500 RPM. (+/- 500) . Some prefer a bit richer, I prefer recommended settings.

If the saw cleans up/Quits 2 stroking in the cut leave it alone.

Well, I couldn't be happier with this saw. Cut a lot of wood with it. My only complaint is that the throttle is seeming to hang up a little. I saw a post on one of the first pages that said you had to keep it lubed. I lubed everything I could find in there, and it isn't working. Anyone have any tips? Other than that, I am really happy I bought this saw.

Well, I couldn't be happier with this saw. Cut a lot of wood with it. My only complaint is that the throttle is seeming to hang up a little. I saw a post on one of the first pages that said you had to keep it lubed. I lubed everything I could find in there, and it isn't working. Anyone have any tips? Other than that, I am really happy I bought this saw.
Check the throttle shaft on the carb it's self. Sometimes they don't want to snap back to idle all the way after running full throttle.

I have the 947 but the Anti Vibration is far worse then I experience with other saws. Maybe the AV springs can be changed with Husky springs?

947: 5.9 (sx) / 6.9 (dx) m/s

952: 6.1 (sx) / 7.4 (dx) m/s

Back