EFCO MT 8200 yes/no?

• Thread starter Deleted member 150358
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ?. I've seen both good and bad comments on it. I had 50 and 60 cc models and smaller.Liked the 60 cc best, (others where ok). Performance may have been a tad less then other makes, but it was reliable and handled well. Warranty might not be possible and parts I think may be harder to get . If I needed another saw that size I would be tempted for an extra saw. If I was depending on it as an only saw for specific work with a timetable, I would want something I knew parts were readily available.

My experience with EMAK products, especially chainsaws, has been very disappointing. I wouldn't touch anything they make or, more likely, market, with a very long pole.

There's a very good reason why their stuff is so cheap...

The Efco saws I have owned and worked on were of good quality but when a part goes out on one it takes a lot of effort and time to source them out. Wouldn`t count on any warranty but for the money I would buy one if it wasn`t the only saw I had to rely on for income. I can repair any saw but one has to have a reliable accessible parts source to do so efficiently.

Thanks for the feedback. Honestly I don't need an 80c.c. saw. The price is what I find attractive and it would be a firewood saw only.

Sold my 359 last spring as I decided I really prefer a 24" bar and was really working the 359 24" in the largest red oak. Though it did amazingly well and out cut a pristine Jred 625II 20" by comparison.

I also have an 038 wearing a 32" bar for the really big stuff. I know that's a marginal combo too but it only comes out for 1-2 tanks a year.

The Efco price is right @ my ceiling. As I only use 7-ish cords a year it just happens to be a lot of mature 100 year oak.

My experience with EMAK products, especially chainsaws, has been very disappointing. I wouldn't touch anything they make or, more likely, market, with a very long pole.

There's a very good reason why their stuff is so cheap...
I have found the complete opposite good price & the ones Iv"e had have been reliable Were I am there are some models marketed as Oleo Mac's we have a one man band "Dealer" that either carries or can obtain quickly parts only thing Iv'e struggled with is a toasted saw that the owner took off the Muffler (& lost it)ordered replacement & found they"d changed the muffler took around a week to get usually 3days To me not top of but high in the league

I have found the complete opposite good price & the ones Iv"e had have been reliable Were I am there are some models marketed as Oleo Mac's we have a one man band "Dealer" that either carries or can obtain quickly parts only thing Iv'e struggled with is a toasted saw that the owner took off the Muffler (& lost it)ordered replacement & found they"d changed the muffler took around a week to get usually 3days To me not top of but high in the league

Glad it worked out for you. I was underwhelmed by the products themselves but even more so by how hard it is to get parts. For the same price I'd probably pick Alpina: spare parts are easily available albeit extremely pricey relative to the products themselves.

I have a John Deere / efco it is a nice saw. No real complaints performance wise. I would give both Stihl and husqvarna the edge and all saws are in same cc's class. The biggest problem is parts availability, maybe it's different over seas but you will look long and hard before you find a dealer, new parts or used parts in my little part of the world. It does not seem like that big of an issue until it comes up. You about half too hold your John Deere dealers hand to have them get parts.

I have had excelent experience with my Efco = Oleo Mac saws! The 962 is also my only 60cc saw which is used on almost all larger wood.

Glad it worked out for you. I was underwhelmed by the products themselves but even more so by how hard it is to get parts. For the same price I'd probably pick Alpina: spare parts are easily available albeit extremely pricey relative to the products themselves.
I'd go with you 100% on Alpina & their badged offerings in the Prof range

Hi-jacking my own thread!

Still on the fence with this decision. (& waiting to collect some wages).

Another option being considered is a clean husky 365sp with a 74cc kit on it available locally in the same price range.

No details on the p&c used but should be fairly strong compared to the 359 no? Not ported just the big bore kit as far as I know.

Wanting more torque of course. The 359 was very fast.

I am a new Efco dealer in Washington state and have not had any problem getting part for any equipment that I sell. I am hoping that the parts problems stated above have now been corrected.

Back