• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

El46 replacement

Terrence Jefferson

Terrence Jefferson

ArboristSite Operative
I have a js2260 with the el46 carb and now it's stumbling and dies at idol when I hit the trigger. It fires and runs well at wot. My question is do I need to replace the electronic's with the carb or can I just put a carb in it? I'm new to the auto tune world.

Terrence Jefferson

Terrence Jefferson

ArboristSite Operative
I took it to work when I got it and I flashed it but I replaced the cylinder on it since due to a bolt holes that was stripped. So I'm not sure if that's causing the issue. But I'll flash it again today.

NIP Group

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have you tried using a different spark plug? I know it sounds strange, but have seen it solve that problem more than a few times.

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's like starting an oil thread. I have in my garage Champion RZ7C, Oregon 77-355-1 and NGK CMR6H. I like NGK or Oregon. If an Oregon plug drops it's electrode and ruins your saw, Oregon will pay for your saw. Have seen a loose electrode a few times.

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have rebuilt a couple 550's, 562's and 540's. New bearings, seals, gaskets, p/c's, they ran fat from compensating for an air leak. Reset and ran any updates, a few still had a bog from idle to full throttle, replaced plug in saw and problem solved.

Terrence Jefferson

Terrence Jefferson

ArboristSite Operative
Well I flashed the saw and reset the saw and it ran good for a few test cuts at work but it wasn't enough to get it hot and see if it will idle. I have a tree to cut up tomorrow after work so I will report back to you with updates.

cuinrearview

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Well I flashed the saw and reset the saw and it ran good for a few test cuts at work but it wasn't enough to get it hot and see if it will idle. I have a tree to cut up tomorrow after work so I will report back to you with updates.
Good luck. And don't forget, if all else fails, I have an MS362C to trade:cheers: