El46 replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrence Jefferson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a js2260 with the el46 carb and now it's stumbling and dies at idol when I hit the trigger. It fires and runs well at wot. My question is do I need to replace the electronic's with the carb or can I just put a carb in it? I'm new to the auto tune world.

I took it to work when I got it and I flashed it but I replaced the cylinder on it since due to a bolt holes that was stripped. So I'm not sure if that's causing the issue. But I'll flash it again today.

I don't think the cylinder should matter.

It's probably a lost cause. You should just sell or trade it to me;)

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Have you tried using a different spark plug? I know it sounds strange, but have seen it solve that problem more than a few times.

That's like starting an oil thread. I have in my garage Champion RZ7C, Oregon 77-355-1 and NGK CMR6H. I like NGK or Oregon. If an Oregon plug drops it's electrode and ruins your saw, Oregon will pay for your saw. Have seen a loose electrode a few times.

Have rebuilt a couple 550's, 562's and 540's. New bearings, seals, gaskets, p/c's, they ran fat from compensating for an air leak. Reset and ran any updates, a few still had a bog from idle to full throttle, replaced plug in saw and problem solved.

Well I flashed the saw and reset the saw and it ran good for a few test cuts at work but it wasn't enough to get it hot and see if it will idle. I have a tree to cut up tomorrow after work so I will report back to you with updates.
Good luck. And don't forget, if all else fails, I have an MS362C to trade:cheers:

Back