employment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgia

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I am looking for employment overseas as a tree climber with 4 years experience. Plus I have a degree in Business. I am 26 and never been out of the country and would like to leave and work and learn abroad.

Any country or even Alaska would be cool.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S.- Do any of you Canadians know anything about those oil rig jobs up there --- Thanks

There is a company that advertises regularly in TCI for experienced climbers/certified arborists in Hawaii. You'd have to leave your Parka at home, though. :D

Craig,

I have no oil experience. Just wondering what the deal was with those that have no experience. I heard you could work a lot and save some cash b/c they paid room and board. Any truth to this?

Thanks

steve

What about here in the UK?
We are advertising for climber and groundsman now!
If you wan't more info e-mail me.

Question for R.Borist

R.Borist,
There is a company in UK called iet.(international employment and training) They're trying to get me to hire arborists who want to work abroad. Do you know anything about this company? The employees would come here on an 18 month Visa. I'm reluctant to spend several thousand dollars for their services until I can learn more about the company.

Georgia,
I don't suppose Florida is what your looking for when you say you want to work abroad.:D I'm looking for a good arborist. Pay range is $12-$18 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. 40-50 hours per week average, Monday thru Friday only. Paid holidays, sick days, vacation. Paid health insurance, retirement/savings plan. All new equipment. If ANYONE is interested, send me an e-mail. [email protected]

Treeman 14

In truth I know nothing about this Company apart from having read their 'job vacancies' amongst the many others dotted around the WWW. Have you looked up their web site?

In my opinion as an 'agency ' they are interested in placing bums on seats, that's how they make their money. They may offer a valuable service but you would have to seek references from some of the other companies with whom they have placed staff to find out if it is or not, even then there is no guarantee that the person you end up with is up to the standard you require, it's a long way for someone to travel and a lot of potential money for you to front up to find this out.

Your request for good staff is one we all seek. I can offer similar rates and benefits for good staff here as I'm sure many other companies can. However I've had a number of climbers / arborists work for me claiming to be good!! who just aren't, or for that matter ever will be! That being said, I have no doubt there are able people out, we've just got to keep looking.

Good luck.

Peter

Craig,

Just wondering what the deal was for hardworkers with no oil experience just arborist work, education and some other things to offer for tree or oil work for that matter. Please email me with some details. [email protected]---- any info you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

PS-- Anyone who knows of work abroad please let me know:blob2:

Back