Enforcing Safety

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl-O

...don't get me wrong, I like New England and understand the rural nature of the areas outside of the cities. In fact, the diversity and size of the species that you get to work on makes me envious as I ponder another cottonwood removal. I just don't get how the urban/rural class war relates to safety.

The part you didnt know is that though he lives in Ct. he is not from Ct.. You know what they say about you assume. But this time it only made an ass out of you.

But just so you do know Ct. does still have very rural areas.

I just don't get how the urban/rural class war relates to safety.

Misconceptions, prejudices, unstated agenda's: it is the human condition to have every argument warped, twisted, and distorted until it fits the purpose of the arguing parties.

With so many people participating at AS, each with their own personal bones to pick with the world, it takes no small amount of time to settle a thread. Besides, I thought everyone knew that the rednecks were tough, capable workers and anyone that ever came from a town was just a wussy looking for a free ride in life.

THAT ought to get the class war started!

I'm just joking, guys! :jester: You need to lighten up if that got you upset.

Last edited:
If one can speak in generalities....city work....much more demanding and difficult than rural work. I have done them both extensively.

If one can speak in generalities....city work....much more demanding and difficult than rural work. I have done them both extensively.

Only the city people make it hard, everything else is easier. I have done both too. The bush is tougher in pretty well every way, but I much prefer it.

Clearance don't get too far out in the bush, you got to have interaction with people pard.

I got no problem with people Rope, just seems the further out in the bush you go, there is less of them and they are better. :cheers:

I got no problem with people Rope, just seems the further out in the bush you go, there is less of them and they are better. :cheers:

Yeah If I were still doing your gig that's where I enjoyed working too. City folk are somewhat turned into azzholes. I don't think it is all their fault but we were not really intended to live like sardines. I got pretty good at dealing with both but country folk is where I come from and they understand me better. Having said that when you run into a bad apple in the country he is usually worse than one in the city jme.

If talking about the people, can't help but agree, I am essentially a country boy and they are more laid back. Some can be strange as mentioned tho. Remembered once pulling up to a desolated house and the 7 year old boy was on all 4's barking at us just like the dog was. That is all he knew. Funny but at the same time sad.

What I was referring to, along with the people you deal with, is the tightness of rigging and equipment access, always having to get rid of everything, and very few and distant places to take it to. More skills used on a regular basis and always more liability day to day. Stress all day, no fishing in a pond at lunch time.

I can't fish. I have such bad luck, no one has caught a fish in my presence in 25 years. I can go to opening day on trout season; hundreds of fishermen lining the banks. Nobody catches a fish when I am there. I have gone fishing with folks that told me that they NEVER fail to catch fish at their private hole. I went, sat quietly on the bank, they caught nothing.

Yes. I have a black cloud that follows me around everywhere I go!

(much like Joe Btfsplk, from the Lil Abner comic strip)
http://www.lil-abner.com/other.html

For you youngsters that never heard of this: (from Wikipedia) ...Another famous character was Joe Btfsplk, who wanted to be a loving friend but was "the world's worst jinx," bringing bad luck to all those nearby. Btfsplk (his name was "pronounced" by simply blowing a "raspberry" or Bronx cheer) always had an iconic dark cloud over his head.

I can't fish. I have such bad luck, no one has caught a fish in my presence in 25 years. I can go to opening day on trout season; hundreds of fishermen lining the banks. Nobody catches a fish when I am there. I have gone fishing with folks that told me that they NEVER fail to catch fish at their private hole. I went, sat quietly on the bank, they caught nothing.

Yes. I have a black cloud that follows me around everywhere I go!

(much like Joe Btfsplk, from the Lil Abner comic strip)
http://www.lil-abner.com/other.html

For you youngsters that never heard of this: (from Wikipedia) ...Another famous character was Joe Btfsplk, who wanted to be a loving friend but was "the world's worst jinx," bringing bad luck to all those nearby. Btfsplk (his name was "pronounced" by simply blowing a "raspberry" or Bronx cheer) always had an iconic dark cloud over his head.
Oh shoot come on down I will break your spell lmao we have some different methods of fishing bring a large net and ear muffs :hmm3grin2orange:

Back