Englander 24-G wood furnace looking for info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildmyown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Long story short a co-worker offered me one for free if i get it out of his basement it came with the house when he bought it 10 years ago and he has no interest in using it. He showed me pictures today looks clean the id tag says it was made in 1991 so it has only been used for maybe 3 heating season. Ive tried searching the net but cant really find any info on it. Right now i have an old Garrison wood stove that has been heating the house for the last 30 years. Im thinking i am going to grab this and tie it into my existing forced hot air system and see how it does. Wont get rig of my old stove just yet slide it under my work bench just in case.

You sure it's not a Englander 28-3500 ?
I think There was one earlier model from them that didnt have a viewing window on the door and had horseshoe stampings on it

Im sure when he was telling me about it last week i started to research them and had my fingers crossed that it was a 28-3500 since those have had great reviews but it is the earlier one with the horseshoes on the door. Major differences that i see so far are a smaller blower no ash pan no viewing window i was trying to find out how many sqft it is rated for i guess i could just call englander

Don't fret ...It's probably still better than most of the junk they sell at a lot of box stores

Oh im not if its free its for me if it doesnt work out all im out is a bit of my time and i can slide my old stove right back into place and put this on CL

no matter what you cant go wrong with free, worst possible thing could be you get some parts and scrap metal at no cost. Sell it if it wont work for you! Good find.

Long story short a co-worker offered me one for free if i get it out of his basement it came with the house when he bought it 10 years ago and he has no interest in using it. He showed me pictures today looks clean the id tag says it was made in 1991 so it has only been used for maybe 3 heating season. Ive tried searching the net but cant really find any info on it. Right now i have an old Garrison wood stove that has been heating the house for the last 30 years. Im thinking i am going to grab this and tie it into my existing forced hot air system and see how it does. Wont get rig of my old stove just yet slide it under my work bench just in case.
I know your post was a few years ago. But, I wanted to find out if the Englander stove with the horse shoe on front door worked out. Th===same model stove was installed prior to me purchasing my house. Had to have it uninstalled years ago due to improper surrounding area. Now that the basement is being remodeled, I am looking in to having the stove interior refurbished and reinstalled. Of course, the chimney inspectors are dissuading me from reinstalling this stove and want me to buy a brand new pellet stove through them. So, I do not trust their motives. Is this stove as energy efficient as the newer models? Do you think it is a safe stove? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Back