Englander 24G Wood Burning Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallybeetle62

Reaction score
Is an older Englander 24G wood burning stove worth refurbishing the fire box? I included pictures with this post.

The stove was installed when I purchased my house and put out great heat. It was installed in the basement and hooked up to the house duct work. It easily heated the basement and two story house. However, I had to have it uninstalled and placed in the garage due to improper surrounding material and clearances. I only used it three times. Now, I am remodeling the basement and am considering having this stove reinstalled. However, the chimney inspection company is dissuading me from having this stove refurbished and reinstalled. They want me to purchase a pellet stove or fireplace insert from them; so, I do not trust their opinion.

If it is not good enough for household installation, would it be good / safe for a work shop? How about an outdoor camp area for warmth and food heating?

Also, do you think there is a market for this type stove? If so, what would be a fair price?

Any advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Stove_Englander_2020-05-31b.jpeg
    Stove_Englander_2020-05-31b.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • Stove_Englander_2020-05-31a.jpeg
    Stove_Englander_2020-05-31a.jpeg
    775.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Stove_Englander_2020-05-04q.jpg
    Stove_Englander_2020-05-04q.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 13
Check the yellow pages for a chimney sweep in your area to inspect the chimney. There is also companys out there that do a concrete lineing in old morter chimineys too.

I would not trust the option of a company that is trying to disswade me from useing what I have to sell me some thing they have.

I have the newer England 28 3500 and love it in our basement.

Al

Latest posts

Back