enumclaw Wa. Bandsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewatkinsimortalmilling

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm in Enumclaw Washington and I have a 10-horsepower Honda motor it came off of a generator it's a pull start but it runs great and I also have a Miller dialogue 250 older arc welder plenty of rods and I'm trying to build a bandsaw mill with this arc welder and I'm not sure where to start really I'm in Enumclaw and we have a steel Warehouse in town here and I'm thinking on going there and trying to find some I-beam scraps for the frame and I'm sure welding up the frame won't be too hard but it's the guides that I'm curious about do I just use big bearings or soft blocks I have some bigger SKF sealed race bearings I think those would do all right and I also have some car tires and maybe even possibly an axle that I might be able to use as well but I might just use my aluminum frame honda three-wheeler go-kart and just use that as the frame and motor because it already has an axles and tires on it and I'm sure it would do just fine operating a band saw blade. I know this sounds a little crazy but i have built perpetual energy motors and gold dredges but ive never built anything like this before ive watched one video on you tube but ill have to watch more

the blade guides on my timber-tuff mill are small sealed bearings. 3 of them on each side of the track. --- simple set up and not hard to make.
This mill would not be hard to duplicate if someone wanted to since it uses what appears to be standard shelf parts.

I'm in Enumclaw Washington and I have a 10-horsepower Honda motor it came off of a generator it's a pull start but it runs great and I also have a Miller dialogue 250 older arc welder plenty of rods and I'm trying to build a bandsaw mill with this arc welder and I'm not sure where to start really I'm in Enumclaw and we have a steel Warehouse in town here and I'm thinking on going there and trying to find some I-beam scraps for the frame and I'm sure welding up the frame won't be too hard but it's the guides that I'm curious about do I just use big bearings or soft blocks I have some bigger SKF sealed race bearings I think those would do all right and I also have some car tires and maybe even possibly an axle that I might be able to use as well but I might just use my aluminum frame honda three-wheeler go-kart and just use that as the frame and motor because it already has an axles and tires on it and I'm sure it would do just fine operating a band saw blade. I know this sounds a little crazy but i have built perpetual energy motors and gold dredges but ive never built anything like this before ive watched one video on you tube but ill have to watch more
https://dynamic.domains/sawmill/sawplans.pdf

Back