• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

equipment question

georgia

georgia

ArboristSite Lurker
Website
Visit site
OK, I am sure y'all have had this discussion before but I still must ask . . . and do not intend to get anyone charged up.

Who likes Sthil and who likes Husky? I personally like both and own both but some of you have much more expertise in this subject than me. We also have a Dolmar.

Thanks (I am sure this subject gets beat to death)

P.S.- I am an equipment freak so if anyone wants to talk equipment post or email.

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Website
Visit site
I have more experience with Stihl, as we had limited availability here until about 8-10 years ago for Husky. For mid-range saws, I prefer Stihl because I know them. But for BIG saws, nothing can touch the Husky 2130XP (i think that's right) that we had at Davey. I got it when it was almost brand new and it pulled a 4' bar effortlessly. I could bury it in a 6' stump and throw chips for 20 feet or more! :blob2: WAY stronger than the 088, even though I only used it for about 4 cuts per week.

Treeman14

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.treeworksetc.com
treeclimber165

If you're talking about the Husky 3120XP, I couldn't agree more. That is the baddest saw I've ever used. I bought one about 2 or 3 years ago and love it. Don't use it too much, though. Right after I bought it, I brought it back to the dealer to complain. Told them they forgot to put the wheels on it.:D