equipment question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgia

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK, I am sure y'all have had this discussion before but I still must ask . . . and do not intend to get anyone charged up.

Who likes Sthil and who likes Husky? I personally like both and own both but some of you have much more expertise in this subject than me. We also have a Dolmar.

Thanks (I am sure this subject gets beat to death)

P.S.- I am an equipment freak so if anyone wants to talk equipment post or email.

I have more experience with Stihl, as we had limited availability here until about 8-10 years ago for Husky. For mid-range saws, I prefer Stihl because I know them. But for BIG saws, nothing can touch the Husky 2130XP (i think that's right) that we had at Davey. I got it when it was almost brand new and it pulled a 4' bar effortlessly. I could bury it in a 6' stump and throw chips for 20 feet or more! :blob2: WAY stronger than the 088, even though I only used it for about 4 cuts per week.

treeclimber165

If you're talking about the Husky 3120XP, I couldn't agree more. That is the baddest saw I've ever used. I bought one about 2 or 3 years ago and love it. Don't use it too much, though. Right after I bought it, I brought it back to the dealer to complain. Told them they forgot to put the wheels on it.:D

Back