Ethanol free fuel, or not quite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the convenience store pumps have a shared hose and you have to chose what gas you want. That means that the hose has some gas in it from the last purchase. Probably regular gas. Pump a little ethanol free in your vehicle enough to clear the hose out of the old. I get my ethanol free from a tank that is only ethanol free.

Most of the convenience store pumps have a shared hose and you have to chose what gas you want. That means that the hose has some gas in it from the last purchase. Probably regular gas. Pump a little ethanol free in your vehicle enough to clear the hose out of the old. I get my ethanol free from a tank that is only ethanol free.

The gas station that I go to occasionally for the E-Free fuel, has a dedicated E-Free pump.

Damn straight.

Not only do we have to worry about laced fuel, there are stations out there who will short you. The one I buy my clear from will short you a tenth gallon.
It’s sold by WEIGHT , even though dispensed in gallons ... make ya rethink your mix-oil ratios

Test it yourself. You can do it simply by using a plastic water bottle...this is the idea:

Poor man's test:

It works. 2 gas stations told me their premium gas was e-free. I tested it and nope! I found a website that lists all e-free stations in each state and sure enough, i found it. Web site is called pure-gas.org. i never even knew about what ethanol does until i was reading the manual on my new saw and noticed the premix was e-free.

It’s sold by WEIGHT , even though dispensed in gallons ... make ya rethink your mix-oil ratios
No, I believe you're talking about premixed canned fuel, I'm talking about one of the guys who works at the gas station telling me when the weights and measures inspector makes his rounds.

No, I believe you're talking about premixed canned fuel, I'm talking about one of the guys who works at the gas station telling me when the weights and measures inspector makes his rounds.
No sir ... believe it or not the gasoline you pump is sold by weight and dispensed in gallons ... depending on season you can get less or more fuel as the WEIGHT is what you pay for !

No sir ... believe it or not the gasoline you pump is sold by weight and dispensed in gallons ... depending on season you can get less or more fuel as the WEIGHT is what you pay for !
I found this on google, I’m not a gasoline expert, thankyou

I think what you're trying to say is when you buy during the heat of day the fuel in the tank has expanded which measuring by the gallon will net you less. Only thing is the temperature that far underground stays constant which should mean a fuel tank would need to be above ground for the heat to have that effect.

I think what you're trying to say is when you buy during the heat of day the fuel in the tank has expanded which measuring by the gallon will net you less. Only thing is the temperature that far underground stays constant which should mean a fuel tank would need to be above ground for the heat to have that effect.
That is incorrect - see link above for explanation

Just run the ETOH fuel and don’t worry about it. I have been using it for years and have never had any problems.

Just run the ETOH fuel and don’t worry about it. I have been using it for years and have never had any problems.
If a guy has ported saws that’s the last type of fuel you want to run in them !

OK, but why? Something magical about non-ETOH fuel in ported chainsaws vs non-ported chainsaws??

I see factual info based on the wholesale level where tanks are above ground. I don't see anything about actual temperatures in underground tanks at retail locations. I'm also not reading through all that crap to find out if it exists beyond the first page, lol.
Do a screen grab if there's something more than just speculation.
If you bother to read it then you will know ; no “speculation” at all ! It explains it all quite clearly and succinctly

Latest posts

Back