Ethanol free fuel, or not quite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get ethanol free 91 at the local gas station BUT it comes out of the same hose as the 87 crap so after selecting 91 you need to run a gallon or so into your truck to get the 87 out of the hose. Steve
I had this revelation this morning on the way to work.... I just went to my not too far away ethanol free pump and filled up for the pending apocalypse. The first can I filled was 2 gallons for mixed gas. Looking into this on motorcycle and other high performance forums it can be anywhere between Half a gallon and 2 gallons of whatever was pumped last in the hose. People recommend pumping a few gallons in the car first. I'm fed up... I really just want to do my chores and go back in the house. This ethanol is costing people a lot of money and it's all political.

My local MC/sled shop sells 5 gal cans of fuel from 94 -112 octane. $65/can but ethanol free for sure.

Buc-ee's has a designated pump and hose that only pumps e free fuel. But you have to consider the tanker truck that brought it. If the last load had ethanol, I would think there would be some residual left in the tanker.

I have way more than a $1000 in my saws and never experienced any problem with Ethanol. Of course there could be a first time, but after as many years running saws you would think a problem would occur. Alcohol keeps the systems clean as straight gas does not. I would assume any one that can not manage a 10% Ethanol mix will have trouble elsewhere. I just pull up to a Costco and fill them jugs up with no issues. Thanks

At my local marathon, they have ethanol free and it says may contain up to .10% of ethanol. Never actually tested it

Latest posts

Back