Everything is breaking!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You folks need some better acquaintances. Most of the stuff I loan out comes back in better condition and usually with a case of beer or some cash. I also don’t loan junk on the ratty edge of failure and it really should not fail under most circumstances. If it does, then it is not worth owing. I have cut asphalt roofs, chain-link fence, a t post and even a tree cage with the Makita. I have plenty of worn but “good enough” chains. Only thing that would kill it would be straight gas so it comes with fuel and chains if needed.

Yeah, but I live in the 'burbs. I would bet that my neighbors who would need to borrow a chainsaw in the first place have no idea that you need to mix for a 2-stroke. Seriously. They don't even own a box store "throw away" chainsaw :eek: (put down the fruity Smirnoff Ice and hand over your man card). Even if you provide the fuel, unless you are there to witness him fueling the saw, there is no guarantee that he will use your fuel. After all, you're nice enough to loan him the saw. The least he can do is incur the expense and use his fuel.

You need to look on the bright side, even if they straight gassed it, I could justify a 7900 jug and piston!!It would also give me something to wrench on for fun. Rebuilding a Kubota gear box as we speak. Gear oil. No fun!

I’d loan out a saw to only a select few side note I ordered that China saw for the heck of it I will start a new thread once I receive it so I don’t go jack this one.. to the OP we have all Ben there and it sucks but when things are going good life is good keep on keepin on!

I’d loan out a saw to only a select few side note I ordered that China saw for the heck of it I will start a new thread once I receive it so I don’t go jack this one.. to the OP we have all Ben there and it sucks but when things are going good life is good keep on keepin on!
Unc will be fine, just a bump in the road.:p

It's the time of year. I don't know why, but vehicles and other mechanical things seem to crap-out in the Fall. We've been dealing with costly break-downs and service issues recently, and some friends and family members have, too. It has to get better, and seems to be for us, after parting with a lot of moolah.

That $30 chainsaw on ebay. First I'd seen something like that. Guess I'm out of the loop on Chinese crapola. If I had money to burn, I'd try to get one just to satisfy curiosity.

Does it run in reverse? The chain's on backwards.

But back to Uncle's troubles--just don't get out of bed for a while, Unc. Maybe your luck will turn.

That $30 chainsaw on ebay. First I'd seen something like that. Guess I'm out of the loop on Chinese crapola. If I had money to burn, I'd try to get one just to satisfy curiosity.

Does it run in reverse? The chain's on backwards.

But back to Uncle's troubles--just don't get out of bed for a while, Unc. Maybe your luck will turn.
Nooooooo! He’s got enough kids!:)

Sorry unk, I cant get past loaned my brand new saw to a guy.

I know! I'm really kicking myself over it - but hear the story - it's almost reasonable.

The city was taking down an oak tree in the park across the street from my house. I asked them for the wood, and they agreed. So I grabbed my truck, trailer, saws and everything. I was waiting in my truck for them to drop it so I could go in and get the wood.

They have a rope around the top hooked up to a truck, and he cuts the notch, but just as he finishes, his chain breaks before he can start the back cut. Run to the shop to get another chain, while I continue to wait. I'm in a bit of a hurry since I have other things to do that day, but I sit patiently. He comes back with another chain, puts it on, and starts the back cut and it falls off right away. Well, he has the exact same saw as myself, bought from the same store even. He has ONE STINKING CUT TO MAKE, and he's about to run somewhere and get another saw or chain or something, so I figure that:
A) he's a professional
B) he has the exact same saw
C) it's ONE stinking cut and I'm standing right here

Yes, I did it - I offered my brand new MS660 with a 3' bar. He can't possibly screw it up with one cut.

Well, I was wrong, and I'll never loan out a saw to anyone again (except for my Craftsman which somebody gave to me and it actually runs).
Let this be a lesson to the rest of you as well - Never give in on your resolve to never loan out a good saw!
Yes, it's only a piece of equipment and therefore replacable, but it's also a tool of the trade, and easily messed up, unlike most every other tool I own. I'll gladly loan out a drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw, pressure washer, cement mixer, etc. But not a chainsaw.

After losing my wife on august 6 then my mom on the 14th I realize the things that can be replaced are the things that mean the least in life. Be thankful that you and your family are healthy, there will always be a new saw or something else in life. It all sucks:(

Wow - I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I think one of our Presidents had the same sort of thing - wife and mother died about the same time. Teddy Roosevelt, I think.

Hang in there, buddy. Time will heal this wound. I'm on month 9 of losing a daughter. I can still cry at the drop of a hat.

Stache only one question. How long was the guy in surgery after you shoved the saw up his butt?

Wow - I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I think one of our Presidents had the same sort of thing - wife and mother died about the same time. Teddy Roosevelt, I think.

Hang in there, buddy. Time will heal this wound. I'm on month 9 of losing a daughter. I can still cry at the drop of a hat.

I am sorry for your loss to. I don't think you ever realize how hard it can be until it happens to you.

Back