Expanding and am looking into equipment.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1332

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright so my business is rapidly expanding and I currently load all my wood into my trailer by hand, which honestly is soooo much of a hassle and I believe I could save a lot of time with a separate truck w/ a dump body and a chipper.

My question is how much would a setup like that cost? It does not in any way shape or form have to be brand new. I plan on buying the chipper used from a rental place with about 500 hours, since they go through the equipment every time it Comes back in and doesn't get rented every day I trust it.
Thanks guys!

Current setup:
99 f-150 4.6 v8 ( upgrading to a v8 F-250 super duty in July)
6x12 dual axle trailer
Husky 338-xpt
Stihl 441c
Echo cs-400
All the climbing and rigging gear I nedd

Cost depends greatly on the size of the equipment and its age, so it's hard to give a price for a dump truck and chipper. For an older truck and small chipper I'd say $15-20k

Rental places around here are very lax about that go over thing before re-renting- got a lot of war stories from over the years- now I just find and purchase my own. Sometimes its tough on the pocket book though, but at least it works when I need it and I am not wasting time waiting for some xyz rental joint to fix what should have been fixed prior to next rental - even worse when when you have a contractor scheduled right behind your portion.

Latest posts

Back