• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Expected Life of the compression valve

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had one of my 350 husky saws have a sticky compression valve. With low compression. Not thinking too much into it I just replaced it and moved on. Now a jonsered 910e had a carboned up compression valve into the port. I have no clue as to what brand of two stroke oil they were using nor what ratio. I dug outvthe carbon with a small screwdriver. I’m thinking about grinding a tap drill flat to clean out the bottom of the treaded hole before replacing the compression valve. Now I wonder how many of us experience low compression when it’s the compression valve leaking? I was just wondering how common this is. Do I need to change out the compression valves in all my used saws.?