Experiment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmmm

So has anyone figger'd out what in the heck this thread is about yet??? I'm still trying to figure it out... Is it that you can sell a new Stihl for more in part than a whole new saw???

:popcorn:

<embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/videoplayer/flvplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="400" height="355" flashvars="file=http://www.theonion.com/content/xml/75552/video&autostart=false&image=http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/200_KIDNEYS_aticle.jpg&bufferlength=3&embedded=true&title=Anonymous%20Philanthropist%20Donates%20200%20Human%20Kidneys%20To%20Hospital"></embed><br/><a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/anonymous_philanthropist_donates?utm_source=embedded_video">Anonymous Philanthropist Donates 200 Human Kidneys To Hospital</a>

I'm still trying to figure this out. You mean to say you buy a saw and take it apart and sell the parts?? Why would you take a saw apart if it works?

Haha, Fish, how can you deal with these guys?

A friend of mine does the same thing with jet skis. He is knowledgeable about them and watches the parts market on eBay and Craig's List like a hawk.
He'll buy a used ski with a bad motor, and parts it out for a good profit, often times just throwing the stuff he can't sell out.
Haven't heard of him trying it with a new ski though, good idea.

This might be cool to try with a new car.

okay fish seing as how you want to be all cryptic, i gotta ask you a few questions to clairify things up here.
why do you think your going to get banned? banned for what?

how did you have to tweak your postings? can you give an example? and are you trying to say that there was some slight dishonesty in this "tweaking"?

you say you have too many "weenie types". what the heck are you talking about? multiple genatalia?

you say that you are bringing this up now because its spring and you want to hurt the asswipes that stole your idea. what idea? are you trying to say that you invented the idea of purchasing an item then selling its parts online then calling others who do so asswhipes. if so thats pretty laughable that you would take offence to your competition like that.

who are these girls you keep refering to?

you say that you have been attacked for 7 years. who is attacking you? why are they attacking you and how are they attacking you?

how much did you make on this venture and what where your costs?

do you think that people hate the idea of you parting out new saws? is this somehow frowned upon in the dealer comunity or something? do you think this is a bannable offence?
because this is a comon practice with ALL comodities. you bought the saws, you can do what ever the hell you want with them. hell run em over with a truck if you want, they are your saws. anyone who thinks otherwise should mind their own damn buisness.

it just seems that your being abrasive and paranoid about others knowing about this when you have no reason to be.

okay fish seing as how you want to be all cryptic, i gotta ask you a few questions to clairify things up here.
why do you think your going to get banned? banned for what?

how did you have to tweak your postings? can you give an example? and are you trying to say that there was some slight dishonesty in this "tweaking"?

you say you have too many "weenie types". what the heck are you talking about? multiple genatalia?

you say that you are bringing this up now because its spring and you want to hurt the asswipes that stole your idea. what idea? are you trying to say that you invented the idea of purchasing an item then selling its parts online then calling others who do so asswhipes. if so thats pretty laughable that you would take offence to your competition like that.

who are these girls you keep refering to?

you say that you have been attacked for 7 years. who is attacking you? why are they attacking you and how are they attacking you?

how much did you make on this venture and what where your costs?

do you think that people hate the idea of you parting out new saws? is this somehow frowned upon in the dealer comunity or something? do you think this is a bannable offence?
because this is a comon practice with ALL comodities. you bought the saws, you can do what ever the hell you want with them. hell run em over with a truck if you want, they are your saws. anyone who thinks otherwise should mind their own damn buisness.

it just seems that your being abrasive and paranoid about others knowing about this when you have no reason to be.

Wow, you pretty much nailed it all, I have not read the thread for a few days or two, I thought I would lets this "boil" fester a while.................

Some people see a new MS290 on the shelf fot @ $390 or so, I saw @ $1600- $1800 in Stihl retail parts, just put together.

As far as my "popularity", that is irrelevant, as I always have strived
to keep the poop stirred, and so a former moderator gave me my title.

Only a few of you all know who that is, but that is just as well, as he left under bad circumstances.

A few others know who Lambert is, and care......

I just wanted to let others know of my "experiment" to help me get through winter, and it paid off pretty good. The copycat e-bayers tried, but they
didn't do it right, but they hurt sales, as well as the onset of spring.

I just chose to share this "experiment" with you guys, as it is very interesting,
and "yes", I wish to pee on the copiers as well. You pretty much nailed it.
You have a lot of clarity, for someone that spends half of the year in darkness..

I am about to get banned for hazing a troll that has posted here in the past under different names, namely "beginner". He screwed up and replied
his true age, and position, when all I said was "Beginner".
He immediately came back, saying how old he was, and how successfull, etc.
I have been routing this guy out for a few years, but since everyone else
is fairly new, they have no idea what I am talking about, but he did.
No big deal. Some people really need to get a life.

I will now go back and look at the last few day's threads, but guys, seriously,
I really am not bad, I am just drawn that way.....................

thanks for clearing that up fish. good luck with the whole getting banned thing. i hope to see you here in the future.

Fish said:
Some people really need to get a life.

Are you referring to yourself?

Wow, I haven't seen such a screwed up post such as this in a long while... in any forum I've been in, moderated or owned!

You said: "In the real world, you must use your "communication" skills..."."

Woah dude! You need to take a dose of your own medicine there as you royally flopped just trying to share this "experiment". It shouldn't require any special "communication skills" just to tell some people about some sales you were doing on eBay! Instead you had to drag a whole bunch of **** into it. For "sharing" such an "experiment", you sure involved a lot of other fluff.

Sorry for the post as I usually don't involve myself in such rantings, but I just see a whole bunch of irony and other kwap in it, that I had to post. LOL! I know others are thinking likewise. Don't take it personal. I'm just a guy shooting from the hip here.

icon3.gif
While I'm not a word-smith, here's how I would have shared this "experiment" if it were me:

"Hey fellas!

I wanted to share a simple experiment I've been doing this past season. This winter I have been taking MS290's off the shelf, dismantling them and selling the parts on eBay. I've done this for a while and have been enjoying a decent profit and the experiment was a "profitable venture"... up until recently where my profit margin has dwindled. I believe it's due to copycats, so my little "experiment" is done. So the jist of what I wanted to say is that taking a saw, breaking it down to parts to sell individually, has been more profitable for me than trying to sell a whole saw.

Regards,

Fish
"

Now was that so hard?

Best of luck fish.

StihlRockin'

IMO, he's trolling. While he intimates I'm on his ignore list now, I doubt it.

I regret having any conflict with him, since he keeps digging the hole. He seems to think I'm a former banned member that keeps coming back under different names, or I am a teenager with nothing better to do, so conviced, he's sawing the limb he's standing on.

I am not. I am GeeVee, here, and every other board. I have never been to this board before I came in the last month or so. I CAN prove my identity. And anyone that cares to coroborate and has their own ideas for doing so can send me a pm. If you pose your own idea, who could question it. I am familiar with this software, I am sure it can be verified that I have never been here before the last month.

Let me apologize to everyone, for being a source or reason for some posts going six or seven pages for no apparent reason/benefit. Certainly is not my intention to take a good thread off topic. Hey, I can cut the fool with the best of the rest, and Fish can too, it is entertaining. Fish probably has provided good help many a time here. Great.

IMO, he's trolling. While he intimates I'm on his ignore list now, I doubt it.

I regret having any conflict with him, since he keeps digging the hole. He seems to think I'm a former banned member that keeps coming back under different names, or I am a teenager with nothing better to do, so conviced, he's sawing the limb he's standing on.

I am not. I am GeeVee, here, and every other board. I have never been to this board before I came in the last month or so. I CAN prove my identity. And anyone that cares to coroborate and has their own ideas for doing so can send me a pm. If you pose your own idea, who could question it. I am familiar with this software, I am sure it can be verified that I have never been here before the last month.

Let me apologize to everyone, for being a source or reason for some posts going six or seven pages for no apparent reason/benefit. Certainly is not my intention to take a good thread off topic. Hey, I can cut the fool with the best of the rest, and Fish can too, it is entertaining. Fish probably has provided good help many a time here. Great.

GeeVee,

To be honest I was thinking you could be someone we have seen on the site before myself. Makes no difference to me though, I believe in free speech.

I have been hanging around here to long though because I actually understood pretty much everything fish said post in #1. I may need professional help.

v/r

Mike

I've always liked Fish. He is an oldie but goodie on this site:chainsaw: . He is helpful in his own sarcastic way.

Yeah Mike, a coincidence bound to happen, especially in such a popular MB as this one is.

Sorry though, just not my style. I have been over at www.lawnservicing.com for infinity plus one, and Lawnandlandscape.com for longer, though now they have a "you have to subscribe to the magazine to be allowed in rule" ALWAYS have been GeeVee, its what people call me. My name is Eugene. kind of like a disease. "I got a bad case of Eugene acting up" My brothers and sisters call me Eugenius, cause I make things work, but I can't call myself that....

I enjoy being of assistance when I can. I don't know how many others might, but I look for the (one) random act of kindness every day that ensures good karma, and a MB helps achieve that goal.

I have thousands of friends I have never met, probably like so many here do too. On occasion, with my location proximity to Disney World, and the fact that I live on the beach, I get a chance to meet some of these friends when they bring family for vacation.

Help me out? What did he mean then, Was it to say that Stihl's assembly was hosing up product? or Winter unemployment checks were skinny, or the sum of the parts is greater than the whole?

Or was it just a shiny metal spoon at eight knots?

I am about to get banned for hazing a troll that has posted here in the past under different names, namely "beginner". He screwed up and replied
his true age, and position, when all I said was "Beginner".
He immediately came back, saying how old he was, and how successfull, etc.
I have been routing this guy out for a few years, but since everyone else
is fairly new, they have no idea what I am talking about, but he did.
No big deal. Some people really need to get a life.

The math don't add up. Really. I hate to see the guy that HAS to have been beneficial somewhere along the way throw it all in the toilet over some percieved similarities.

I have sent him a PM. But he seems convinced. I want no part of conflict.

Back