Exposed tattoos and employment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Do exposed tattoos on hands or neck affect employment as an arborist? I have my forearms done and it's never been a problem when they show so I'm just curious how heavily I can get tattooed.

Thanks all

May I ask why you see tattoos being related to a lack of intelligence? I am simply curious to your reasoning. For me I enjoy getting them and am an artist and like marking milestones from my life and it has nothing to do with my I.Q.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha well that's more than understandable face tattoos tend to be a bit much!

I don't have a problem with tattoos except if there offensive. Had a guy that had a swasdica on his calf. He wore long pants all the time so no body seen it so I didn't care.

I did have a guy come for a interview that had dreadlocks, big gauged ears and full sleeves and his neck was completely tattooed. I didn't hire him. If it was just gauged ears or dreadlocks or tattoos by themselves I may have Giving him a chance but I think my customers would have freaked seeing him walking around on jobs. Plus his only work experience was working at a po rn shop.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with tattoos except if there offensive. Had a guy that had a swasdica on his calf. He wore long pants all the time so no body seen it so I didn't care.

He had a what? Is that short for a Swedish **** on his calf? If I knew it was there I'd care even if I couldn't see it!

It was a swastika. He had it kinda hidden with tattoos all around it. I knew he was a pagan when I hired him.

I don't care what for tattoo someone has as long as if it's offensive it's not visible. Just like I don't care what someone does afyer work hours as long as they come to work everyday sober.

It was a swastika. He had it kinda hidden with tattoos all around it. I knew he was a pagan when I hired him.

I don't care what for tattoo someone has as long as if it's offensive it's not visible. Just like I don't care what someone does afyer work hours as long as they come to work everyday sober.

Something tells me I'd have to be hammered to work for you. Just saying. Lol.

I refuse to go neck hands or face ! I will however cover all other areas as I see fit , that way I can cover them up , besides my wife asked me to stay away from the areas that are exposed in a suit so I respect that !

I can trace my bias back to the day a fellow applied for a job with red flags tattooed on his forehead.

He may have just passed a milestone, but it seemed too personal a question to ask.

What were the flags supposed to mean?

Last month we were at the range and in comes this freak with G's ( Glock fan) tattooed on both of his temples.

Me? I just stick to having my nails done.

Kids today with their tattoos don't understand clients can have a negative reaction to how they look. If I had two prospects that are both equally qualified, one with and one without tattoos, I would hire the one without.

I absolutely understand that, but I also notice it's becoming an outdated opinion and less and less people correlate tattoos with the negative stereotypes that come along with it.

I absolutely understand that, but I also notice it's becoming an outdated opinion and less and less people correlate tattoos with the negative stereotypes that come along with it.

Seems like a fad that this generation is going to regret in a few more years.

Latest posts

Back