EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking of asking 300 apiece for the ms200t's. Two of em are in decent shape, the third is getting kinda old. I dunno , 600 for a 44? I got a pair of em. I tell you what, just gimme a real good BJ while you stick yer finger up my ass and you can have the 26. The Bandit is insured so I'll just strike it with some Heb Lightening. I can't sell the rope cause I need it to hang myself. Please, somebody, just get me the #### outta here, I wanna go home.

My plan is to finish up the work I got and put an ad on Craigslist, hopefully someone will call with a monster TD. I'll underbid like a mother####er soes i get the job, notch it at the bottom, put it through the house, call the ins, tell em to kiss it and walk away. Howzat? Murph, can i borrow yer video camera?

Last edited:
That 2nd tree was really impressive with how tight that area was to drop it, even with a rope to guide it.

I could easily see that becoming very, very expensive for someone who only thought they knew what they were doing.

Yes it could if meat was questionable and is my only criticism to some great work murph. However on that tree I would of fire wooded it down I have seen a several bad bounces log rolls in my years and if I fall near home it is always straight away from it. As far as equipment use, yup; way to use your noggin, again good job murph:cheers:

Just telling it like it is..
Eveyone in this business thinks they know so much... when they see something unfamiliar... what do they do? do they ask or try to learn something... No they dismiss it as reckless or lucky etc.. If its outside your experience, it must be crazy right?

Hitting that 4' round was just basic falling technique.. that you can understand.. whatever else you were criticizing in the past, you didn't understand..

Others understand all too well. What I see is a need to boost feelings of inadequacy by trying to inflate your image with grand delusions of grandeur. Its hard to compliment you murph because your always attempting to inflate an over exaggerated ego. You are a good tree man but the thing you need to realize is; you are in no way alone. It took me a while to realize that, always performing the impossible trees that no one else wanted to do and many lacked the skill to do but my views changed over the years of supervising tree work. We are not alone, many men do this, many more will! I like to humbly say, I am not the best tree man maybe but I can work with the best and not be ashamed. Learn some people skills Daniel and you wont learn any from that slayer cat :)

Last edited:
and i know you could, raj, and would. Skill.

But rope it down? When it can be dropped? :biggrin: Get a few decades under the belt, and move on.......to the next tree, and god help us if we can rig a fun drop. I will spend hours setting up a crazy rigging job with dan when it is convenient, to enjoy our skill level and we can develop rigging scenarios useful in critical pick situations during storm events. Tell me after all my hurricanes and years of big crane experience the lack of validity to this level of experimentation, and listen to me ignore you in the little world you live in.

I've worked with hundreds of tree guys over the years, and when it comes to actually working with real treeguys as opposed to listening to the whiny little biatch voices griping on the net, i go with onsite judgement. Type all you want, show me. I show enough. Typing is easy. Criticize a man who is light years ahead because you don't understand? Or recognize how his videos actually help the hundreds of guys who watch and derive useful info, without critical feedback, but only thanks? As opposed to belittling a different way and his method of delivery? :msp_tongue:

Chicken#### behavior where i come from.:angry2:
Slam me, i got thick skin and mad skill.:hmm3grin2orange:

Such an angry elf, and this close to Christmas, Santa would not be Happy .....

Others understand all too well. What I see is a need to boost feelings of inadequacy by trying to inflate your image with grand delusions of grandeur. Its hard to compliment you murph because your always attempting to inflate an over exaggerated ego. You are a good tree man but the thing you need to realize is; you are in no way alone. It took me a while to realize that, always performing the impossible trees that no one else wanted to do and many lacked the skill to do but my views changed over the years of supervising tree work. We are not alone, many men do this, many more will! I like to humbly say, I am not the best tree man maybe but I can work with the best and not be ashamed. Learn some people skills Daniel and you wont learn any from that slayer cat :)

I agree 100% with you Rope. I am not the best and can still learn some things, but I have had more than one treeman stop to observe me and I did not flinch. I am confident with my skill and the fact that I have never advertised and still pull alot of jobs I think speaks for itself. There are many a good treeman out their and a few great ones and he who has nothing left to learn is a fool and a know it all.

No ####, I tried to give The Mullethead a break back there, but F that.. taking chances (while filming for your ego) with people's property, instead of just roping a few logs off, or turning that simple cut and pitch maple into a full blown drama fest IS reckless and unprofessional, no doubt!

Whatever though..

HAHA MDS...
doesn't take much to set you off...
Daddy doesn't cut and pitch..
maybe when you get off the bottle long enough to stop throwing temper tantrums you can learn how to do tree work too....

HAHA MDS...
doesn't take much to set you off...
Daddy doesn't cut and pitch..
maybe when you get off the bottle long enough to stop throwing temper tantrums you can learn how to do tree work too....

Listen up there Pigtails, I highly doubt you got it in you to seriously piss me off.. now go create some drama.. and don't forget to film it either! Hahaha.

Daddy?? Lmfao.. I bet AA feels that way too!

Stay lucky out there!

MDS.........Be careful, ole Murph has read the 3rd & 4th editions of non-existant publications, well the 3rd edition is out...but the 4th??? & he has spoken with Gilman & others about pruning practices.....LMFAO

I think Murph & AA trained in the same special ops movement, one is a self proclaimed lethal weapon & the other learned special cuts with chainsaws.............Ya know AA can be ok at times & is funny...........But Murphy, he believes his own BS & truly thinks he is Good.....even elsewhere they`re just be-rating his skill, Its almost a mirror image of what we are saying here!!

Then he lies about what he reads...........I can only think what he tells the HO to get their job & take their money???

LXT.............

I enjoy coming online and watching tree-cutting video's when I have time. Its nice of you to take the time to video it, altho most of us would have simply labeled the video "cutting down a tree", since we do stuff that is tougher, every day.

I enjoy coming online and watching tree-cutting video's when I have time. Its nice of you to take the time to video it, altho most of us would have simply labeled the video "cutting down a tree", since we do stuff that is tougher, every day.

Lmfao yup:) This may not qualify for precision as I did pull it a little left actually on purpose to miss the monkey puzzle tree, but its damn sure extreme:)

I wish I had made a video of it stating a million times how dangerous it was and then pulled it over with my lawn tractor:)

badone_001.jpg

badone_007.jpg

badone_004.jpg

I would of fire wooded it down I have seen a several bad bounces log rolls in my years and if I fall near home it is always straight away from it.

I never firewood down, or almost never.. its almost always quicker and easier to block bigger pieces and lower them.. plus I hate sucking up all that sawdust..

I don't understand why you would only fall trees away from houses???? if you trust your falling skills.. and the hinge wood is sound, you should be able to drop a tree on a dime... That is part of the point of this video.. its one thing to be able to hit a beer can in the woods, and quite another to make the lay when there is big $$$, reputation, etc on the line..

Cuttin' Trees 1 Falling Compilation with Daniel Murphy - YouTube

check out the trees at 1:08, 1:35, 2:34, 2:57, 3:30, the big tulip spar at 1:35 is probably the best example of trust in falling skills.. it looks like it was aimed between the house and the big oak, but the lay was even tighter than that.. between the yew bush and the oak..

I never firewood down, or almost never.. its almost always quicker and easier to block bigger pieces and lower them.. plus I hate sucking up all that sawdust..

I don't understand why you would only fall trees away from houses???? if you trust your falling skills.. and the hinge wood is sound, you should be able to drop a tree on a dime... That is part of the point of this video.. its one thing to be able to hit a beer can in the woods, and quite another to make the lay when there is big $$$, reputation, etc on the line..

Cuttin' Trees 1 Falling Compilation with Daniel Murphy - YouTube

check out the trees at 1:08, 1:35, 2:34, 2:57, 3:30, the big tulip spar at 1:35 is probably the best example of trust in falling skills.. it looks like it was aimed between the house and the big oak, but the lay was even tighter than that.. between the yew bush and the oak..

Lol Daniel its not my skills that are the question. My experience is where falling straight away is derived you keep falling like you do, it will bounce bad and you will see what I mean. I can hit the ground where I want almost 99 percent, have you ever seen a hollow go astray? Or fiber tear and pull to side ? "I have" the risk of my reputation is not worth boosting my ego. Oh and btw you can't dream of the tight fells I done when it was working for the power company not risking my name as much, so don't even think you all that son. I just don't take un-needed risk I'm too old for that :)

Last edited:
Lol Daniel its not my skills that are the question. My experience is where falling straight away is derived you keep falling like you do, it will bounce bad and you will see what I mean. I can hit the ground where I want almost 99 percent, have you ever seen a hollow go astray? Or fiber tear and pull to side ? "I have" the risk of my reputation is not worth boosting my ego. Oh and btw you can't dream of the tight fells I done when it was working for the power company not risking my name as much, so don't even think you all that son. I just don't take un-needed risk I'm too old for that :)

watch just 1 minute of that video ropes, every felled tree canopy sweeps the neighboring tree whether standing or on the ground to an extent that I dont doubt damage(s) have occurred more than once.............its just a show of laziness & lack of skill to be able to professionally take em apart, with that much room many on here could easily drop em................I didnt see one tight drop zone! I didnt really see any dangerous trees or trees overhanging structure...............

LXT..........

if you trust your falling skills.. , you should be able to drop a tree on a dime... . its one thing to be able to hit a beer can in the woods, and quite another to make the lay when there is big $$$, reputation, etc on the line...

:laugh: you mean like that tree you dropped in to that ornamental cherry????

LXT..............

watch just 1 minute of that video ropes, every felled tree canopy sweeps the neighboring tree whether standing or on the ground to an extent that I dont doubt damage(s) have occurred more than once.............its just a show of laziness & lack of skill to be able to professionally take em apart, with that much room many on here could easily drop em................I didnt see one tight drop zone! I didnt really see any dangerous trees or trees overhanging structure...............

LXT..........

I think ole murph must be ok but I'm afraid he going to float away if he keeps swelling that ugly hippy mug :)

I think ole murph must be ok but I'm afraid he going to float away if he keeps swelling that ugly hippy mug :)

I agree with ya, I think I give him a little more guff cause he reminds me of my supervisor.....one of those guys who is the best (all ya gotta do is ask him) & can get caught up in his exaggerations to the point that any story you tell, he has one 10 x better!

As a person I beleive he is ok, he just needs to step down a bit!!!

LXT..............

A true test of falling ability would be to do it without a rope/cable pulling the tree.

I'm not saying the video was not impressive, and I CERTAINLY not saying that you should drop trees in a residentil area without all the help you can get (ropes, cables, even getting that guy who parked his car in the background to move it).

Back