Facebook advertising?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In our case, we market to all of the US, Canada and US Territories. In support of our website and it's Search Ranking in Google we have to build quality, relevant links. I do in-house SEO and Marketing.

These links are based on our keywords. Even if you're a local company, when you Google "tree service", "tree care", etc. in your area are you even on the first page?

That's where social media comes in handy and you'd be surprised at its impact.

Even if you are a small, local business, there are a lot of "free" things you can do to build a web presence. Bear in mind, people typically go to their phone browsers, laptops and PC's to look stuff up. The yellow pages...not so much.

Naturally word of mouth is great, but the way I look at it, anything you can do to promote your business is a good thing...and we are an online world. :)

Follow me on Twitter: I80equipment09

:clap:

In our case, we market to all of the US, Canada and US Territories. In support of our website and it's Search Ranking in Google we have to build quality, relevant links. I do in-house SEO and Marketing.

These links are based on our keywords. Even if you're a local company, when you Google "tree service", "tree care", etc. in your area are you even on the first page?

That's where social media comes in handy and you'd be surprised at its impact.

Even if you are a small, local business, there are a lot of "free" things you can do to build a web presence. Bear in mind, people typically go to their phone browsers, laptops and PC's to look stuff up. The yellow pages...not so much.

Naturally word of mouth is great, but the way I look at it, anything you can do to promote your business is a good thing...and we are an online world. :)

Follow me on Twitter: I80equipment09

:clap:

i added you to my list

Thank you! I followed you back!

I love Twitter...

Also, the Facebook "like" button is nothing to sneeze at either. So much so I had it added to our website pages.

Google is giving significance to social links in a big way...that is why you can't ignore it.

You can have your "social profile page", and from there build your company page. At this point I'm trying to do everything "free". I haven't jumped on the paid ads bandwagon.

Seriously, you can purchase a custom domain name (preferably a keyword domain) for under $30 at GoDaddy, and you can get a free website on Wix, Webs or OfficeLive. It's for your customers to SEE you. You don't have to have a store or complicated site. Home page, Contact Form, About Us, Disclaimer and a Blog.

Post an Ad in your local Craigslist and put your website address in there.
Be sure to list it with http://www

I built a site just like I've outlined, it costs me nothing to host, paid $25 for the domain name and it now averages 300 visitors a month. 99% of traffic driven from Craigslist. I should mention that it is not related to the bucket truck business. It's actually for an apartment complex. :)

Facebook is a great free way to promote if you are creating a fanpage for your business. I've used their PPC advertising and had very little success even with narrowing down the target demographic.

If you do want to try the facebook paid advertising, I'd recommend doing a search on Google for Facebook credits. I was able to sign up with a free $50 credit. Just remember to cancel when your credits run out, I ended up spending an extra $50 because I didn't realize they do automatic billing.

Facebook is a great free way to promote if you are creating a fanpage for your business. I've used their PPC advertising and had very little success even with narrowing down the target demographic.

If you do want to try the facebook paid advertising, I'd recommend doing a search on Google for Facebook credits. I was able to sign up with a free $50 credit. Just remember to cancel when your credits run out, I ended up spending an extra $50 because I didn't realize they do automatic billing.

+1 on this Stephanie...my $50 just expired and I cancelled. That $50 only got me like 20 clicks after thousands (almost 230,000) impressions in one month. Not worth it to me to pay for the clicks...or the impressions. Most people on FB are there to socialize...not do business. Every once in a while, one does get sucked in, but generally...not.

I guess if you don't know how to market your biz, you will grasp at social sites. Sad, I would never do that crap!
Jeff

I think it is just a different marketing method, if most of your business is WoM, then social these platforms are just an extension of that.

If a happy client has a page, ask if you can link to it, and if they can say something positive on both hers and yours. Maybe even post on her "wall" that you had fun working for her and look forward to next year, or the winter follow-up you have scheduled.

I took a stab at twitter, but am way too verbose to get a though through with so few words allowed. :laugh:

I think it is just a different marketing method, if most of your business is WoM, then social these platforms are just an extension of that.

If a happy client has a page, ask if you can link to it, and if they can say something positive on both hers and yours. Maybe even post on her "wall" that you had fun working for her and look forward to next year, or the winter follow-up you have scheduled.

I took a stab at twitter, but am way too verbose to get a though through with so few words allowed. :laugh:

You're right, after reading my quote, I quess I sounded like a jerk. Sorry.
Jeff :)

I know the days are gone when just having a good name in the local community was good to be in business. The people spending money out there for anything are no longer just baby boomers. We have to reach as many as we can however we can. Facebook is the next step. It is better to move with the tide then lose out and drown with no business. Even if you spend a little on some help, you will be miles ahead.

James Dahlberg
www.fireplaceaccessoriesplus.com

Yeah, I would not go that far.

Facebook

Is having a Facebook page for your business a good thing?
Yes.
The more out there about you and your company the better.
Just remember it is a fad and something new could come along tomorrow and wipe it out. Remember myspace?
Don't place all your eggs in any one basket when it comes to marketing your business. Facebook is only a piece of the puzzle, albeit a very popular one.

All of you all is weird!

You're just a gray-haired old coot :laugh: Look at it this way, if you have a young Mom as a client who is happy with your work, tell here you will give credit for any lead/sale she generates that is good towards future work. Many of them are networked into play date groups, homeschool...

It is just another form of WoM marketing.

Building your Brand

Is absolutely imperative, whether you are local or regional. Social Media is just another platform in the many steps it takes to promote and optimize your presence online

:cheers:

the best site i ever joined was www.treeservicedirect.com . i dont work for them or anything, but its the absolute best site ever for generating work

What do they charge? I think you may do better with your own site optimized for your local area along with a facebook page based on their rank report.

I ran a rank check on them based on their key words. I have a program that can see them.
Domain Keyword Google Yahoo Bing
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service - 6 4
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Services 103 6 3
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Removal 61 - 6
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Trimming Services 31 61 2
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service atlanta - 69 185
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service Chicago - 34 77
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service Seattle - 33 190
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service New York - 139 -
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service Los Angleles - - 37
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service San Diego 114 68 161
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service Orlando - 34 94
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service Miami - 27 68
www.treeservicedirect.com Tree Service GA - 130 159

My research has shown that consumers are more and more using the internet to search for products or services based on local areas and zip codes. Especially when using a cell phone or hand held devise. It wont be long until the GPS device in your phone is used in conjunction with search to find results near the user. Some search engines are pulling based on IP addresses now.

Olsburg, KS
Carnahan Creek Tree Service offers both residential and commercial tree pruning and removal in the greater Manhattan

Why spend money on advertising when advertising wont work anyhow ?

tryed on this site advertising does it pay off only for certain folks but not the whole entire membership but then it was obsolete parts that could not be found anywhere else then people wonder why i do not put normal stuff on the store cause whats the use too they hooked on the bigger boys anyhow

Back