• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Fair pay for snow removal

greengoblin

greengoblin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sounds like you need some snow fence. It varies by location and annual snowfall. My contracts all say 4 inches to a foot, one price. Over 1 foot, less than 2 ft, double. Over 3 ft, negotiated. If you called me only when you couldn’t get out and I had to deal with frozen ruts and ice you’d be out of luck. I wouldn’t come.
If you had a contract with me I’d probably start at $40 for a straight shot, 10ft wide with no obstacles, and somewhere to put the snow. That’s with one or two drifts, not the whole drive drifted in. I’m also the lowest priced guy I know and turn down work regularly. A lot of folks aren’t worth the grief that comes with the job.
And I thought I was cheap! You would be way cheaper, one drift, put the snow where you want, no ruts or ice, paid $90 for an hr for a skid steer to dig me out, he was asking $50 but a family friend I know that skidsteers dont run on Hope's and dreams, diesel and maintenance are required

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
About 25 years ago I went looking for a snowblower and came home with a $400, 1955 jeep cj5 with a 4x4 plow. She’s still running today. But my health is failing. I fix a local boys dirtbike and he plows my driveway. But I give him $25 every time he drops the plow he’s trying to start a business.