Fairchild Oak Climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeseer

Advocatus Pro Arbora
Reaction score
It's definitely on--see you Saturday March 21!

http://www.stateparks.com/bulow_creek.html

my cel 919-906-0465

Client: Florida Park Service Address: Bulow Creek State Park, Old Dixie Hwy, Ormond Beach

Services Rendered:

1. Remove dead branches. Cut large sections as furniture to place in an arc inside the dripline, to separate the mulched area from the mowed area.
Chip small branches and spread as mulch. Clear weedy undergrowth and construct trail, highlighting key plants and features.

2. Measure height of tree by tape drop. Measure spread and diameter, and nominate tree as Florida and National Champion. Compare present state and national champions and other notable live oaks.

3. Inventory epiphytes and parasites on the tree, and symbionts and allelopaths on the ground, coordinating with UF and local experts. Videotape the climbing and the collection.

4. Inspect crown and assess health and safety conditions.

If you come please bring flexible measuring tape if you got it as we will be measuring tree volume. great tree for limbwalking. attached is the volunteer reg form. note that the state handles liability. noncertified arborists also welcome.

well darn the file is too big; will post "elsewhere"

It's definitely on--see you Saturday March 21!

http://www.stateparks.com/bulow_creek.html

my cel 919-906-0465

Client: Florida Park Service Address: Bulow Creek State Park, Old Dixie Hwy, Ormond Beach

Services Rendered:

1. Remove dead branches. Cut large sections as furniture to place in an arc inside the dripline, to separate the mulched area from the mowed area.
Chip small branches and spread as mulch. Clear weedy undergrowth and construct trail, highlighting key plants and features.

2. Measure height of tree by tape drop. Measure spread and diameter, and nominate tree as Florida and National Champion. Compare present state and national champions and other notable live oaks.

3. Inventory epiphytes and parasites on the tree, and symbionts and allelopaths on the ground, coordinating with UF and local experts. Videotape the climbing and the collection.

4. Inspect crown and assess health and safety conditions.

News article

March 23, 2009; Page 03C
Article ID: 410402766

Bill Howe of treevvorld.info gets ready to head up the Fairchild Oak Tree in Bulow Creek State Park in Ormond Beach on Saturday. The tree is between 300-500 years old and stands more than 85 feet high. Crews from area tree services came out to volunteer and clean up the tree to keep it healthy.

I didn't pay the $3. to read it. reporter shot a lot of images of other tree work, but the editor must've liked Bill for his charm. I asked Bill his company name and having none i told the reporter that treewhirled was Bill's outfit.

over 85 feet; yarrite, he knew it was 82'4"

I'll youtube the vids soon...

I didn't pay the $3. to read it. reporter shot a lot of images of other tree work, but the editor must've liked Bill for his charm. I asked Bill his company name and having none i told the reporter that treewhirled was Bill's outfit.

over 85 feet; yarrite, he knew it was 82'4"

I'll youtube the vids soon...

:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back