Fake Husqvarna 365 and 390xp how can you tell???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fake or not?????

• Total voters

greenwood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi looking for a new saw and I came across two saws sold on ebay a 365 and a 390xp. I suspect they might be fakes. Opinions?????????? It was the pull cord plastic cover that alerted me it looks the wrong shade.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

390xp ebay item number 173626793836 uk site

365 ebay item number 173626790190 uk site

That 365 is genuine and very lightly used, if that's what you mean.
The 390XP looks brand new.
However...

The ad is full of incohoerences. How can one have a saw built in 2018 sitting around for a year and a half?
Personally I'd ask for the serial numbers and run them through both Husqvarna and the police databases.

Perhaps it's the real deal, but chainsaws are among the most stolen things around. My local Stihl dealership was broken into in 2015. The burglars didn't even touch the cash register or an iPhone left in the office. They only took 40 brand new pro-grade saws: MS461, MS261 etc They didn't bother with clamshells nor with brushcutters, leafblowers etc. They obvious knew what they were after and were professionals, as the alarm was neutralized by somebody who knew it inside out.
The serial numbers went both to the police, to the insurance company and to Stihl. Apparently the latter maintains some sort of internal database for equipment stolen from dealers, but as I am an outsider I am not privy to the details.

Would like to see EM trademark on some of those parts, what color is throttle cable. Will he pull clutch, top covers and show you tags on saws (those are easy to switch).

he wouldn't show me the serial number!! I came across a video on youtube that said 365 are the most faked saw going. if you look at the pull handle it looks different to a photo of a genuine one here
h110-0031.ashx
The fakes are very convincing now unless you have one sitting right next to it or you can open it up.

he wouldn't show me the serial number!! I came across a video on youtube that said 365 are the most faked saw going. if you look at the pull handle it looks different to a photo of a genuine one here
h110-0031.ashx
The fakes are very convincing now unless you have one sitting right next to it or you can open it up.

Actually the most counterfeit'd Husqvarna is the 372XP, and there aren't that many downright fakes in Europe and the US as people want us to believe since the risks of bringing those things here are high. They are mostly seen in Africa and Asia.
And Huskie changed several details during the 365 production run, including the starter handle and the fuel and oil caps. Going by those details alone I'd say that saw looks genuine and was built before 2017, perhaps for the Eastern European market.

Personally I lean more towards a shady past for those saws than counterfeits but if there's no serial forthcoming my advice is to merely steer clear and look for something else.

His reply.
Hi yes good morning, as per feedback back matey I wouldn’t sell anything or described something that it’s not, not worth the headache from EBay.
Item is auction only.
I can’t send you photos of ID plate as there’s serial number etc. What’s stopping someone claiming it’s theirs.

Regards

Then

Mmm gut instinct alarm going off. Maybe your correct stolen. Also in the add it says he purchased the the 390xp for gardening work. How many gardeners do you know who would need a 390xp???

Here we go have a look at this video!! This is how convincing they are

Ah, yes, the highly sought-after Husqvarna two tones red-based paint scheme. The perfect saw to cut down that highly valuable walnut tree in the backyard sawmill owners want so badly they'll line up around the corner, cash in hand. :laugh:
Sorry for the sarcasm but I need a laugh once in a while.

It reminds me of the counterfeit Iridium razor blades sold in countries like Turkey and India. Iridium was the premium razor double edge blade made by Procter & Gamble: 95% of the world still shave with DE blades and P&G wants a slice of the action, so they set up a factory in Russia, bought up some well-known old Cold War brands such as Ladas and Sputnik and created new ones such as Astra and Minora. Russian-made P&G blades are very very good and very cheap as well: Iridium quickly became the best selling brand worldwide because it was so good and cheap.
In a matter of a year the market was flooded with counterfeit Iridium blades. These things looked absolutely identical to the genuine article except for a small, and possibly intentional, spelling mistake on the P&G company address. And they were absolute junk: I am talking wet-your-underwear-because-of-the-pain junk.
These counterfeit Iridium blades became so prominent in all-important markets such as India they finally caused P&G to pull the brand because it was being destroyed by counterfeits.

Now think about this. A 100 pack of genuine Astra blades is about €15 in Europe (it's considerably cheaper in Turkey, Russia etc), meaning each blade is 15 cents, and neither P&G nor the bloke selling them are losing money on it. It means this stuff is unfathomably cheap. Yet somebody thought a good idea to clone it and probably made some money, albeit not much, from it.
A Husqvarna 365 is €800-850 plus VAT. A Stihl MS070 retails for the equivalent of a grand in countries like Nigeria and The Philippines. The margins become far higher, especially considering these Chinese clones are pure junk. Just don't tell the guy who praise them so highly. They are smarter than everybody else, you know. ;)

Looks genuine to me. Cleaned up for sure, May have had some plastic replaced and new stickers. The plastic is probably aftermarket.

Latest posts

Back