Fake ? stihl file kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccann690

Reaction score
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place as this is my first post have just bought this off of ebay and not sure if it is a fake have looked all over the net and have never seen a stihl sharpener come in this wrap it is plastic and cheap feeling there are now stihl prints on handles or round file all metal parts are brass coloured instead of a stainless steel finish feel like poor quality compared to my Vallorbe kit want to be sure this is genuine or fake before I send this back not sure if this is an older model

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_150303.jpg
    IMG_20201224_150303.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20201224_150310.jpg
    IMG_20201224_150310.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20201224_150327.jpg
    IMG_20201224_150327.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Just FYI your key board seems to be broken. No punctuation or capital letters are showing.......very hard to read....
Is it real? I don't know if the one you have is real or not, but it looks very much like the kits hanging on the rack at the local Stihl dealer here. Same colors, same plastic pouch....

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place as this is my first post have just bought this off of ebay and not sure if it is a fake have looked all over the net and have never seen a stihl sharpener come in this wrap it is plastic and cheap feeling there are now stihl prints on handles or round file all metal parts are brass coloured instead of a stainless steel finish feel like poor quality compared to my Vallorbe kit want to be sure this is genuine or fake before I send this back not sure if this is an older model
Can you copy and paste a link to the add you bought it from?

Welcome to A.S.!

Hard to see from your photos. Around here (US) the kits come in a nylon fabric pouch, that closes with snaps and a Velcro strap. Brass color can be OK. File should be stamped ’STIHL’, maybe ‘Swiss made’.

Not sure what they sell near you. Compare it to pictures on the STIHL website for your country.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back