Fall colors - 2020

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_O Oh..............and I missread the break in instructions, I thought it ment no full throttle period for 3 tanks, missed the NO LOAD part . That prolly had sumpthin to do with the slow cutting, but i'm still getting the RS.
Hello Moose
Good advice here already.
pine is fine to burn, I sell as much pine as birch here. (Our 2 main woods).
Folks like pine (jack pine) here cause as firewood it’s harvested as dead standing wood. The Rest goes to the chipper or mill. Their theory that’s it’s ‘dry’. Most people burn a good hot fire once a day to clean the chimney. If you can, get a year ahead on your wood, under cover in a shed or piled up so it’ll dry. Don’t cover it tightly with a tarp. Use some scrap plywood or Scrap roofing metal instead.
By keeping a year aheadyour wood will be nice and dry, you won’t be held to the mercy of the firewood guy if you’re buying (trust me we run out too) and it’s like it better than money in the bank.
your picture looks like it could be anywhere but sure has a Muskoka -ish look to it.
Was working in my upstairs office when I guy stopped his car and took a picture of his wife in front of this tree:

View attachment 862090

Can you top that? Wow. This is in Northern IL.
As if his wife didnt look pretty otherwise...lol
------- Just Kiddin ------------

I miss all the orange, red and yellow of the woods in northern Maine.
Here they mostly turn yellow.

It's white today though. Started snowing early this morning. Have about an inch so far.

These were taken a couple weeks ago

uJkQhAg.jpg

AsJ2fhv.jpg

XFr3V7O.jpg

EIVrqzN.jpg

Back