Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics from a couple of weeks ago. More of a sinking than a falling pic. This was about midway through this mess. Actually had it buried worse later. Finally got it out by hooking chains to each back tire chain and then hooking the other ends to a couple of trees. Walked it right out of there in low gear. Damn near didn't break the suction though.

View attachment 321783

Any guesses?

View attachment 321784

A little wrench turning fun.

View attachment 321785

Mud...........

Put me in a machine and pieces will fly! I'll move plenty of wood, but I might forget the belly pan in the woods haha. Thats why I stick to my power saw...

Yeh man...sounds like me! What the heck are all those guard things for anyway...other than to fly off! LMAO! I saw a engine panel pass me up today! I should just stick to my saw also!

Hey hows that 394 treating you? That's a pretty good dude there Ted!

I do miss my 660 greatly though. Im headed out west saturday. Might see if I can hunt down an old co worker who has saws that will spin the clutch when the chain wont go. Now THATS what I call ported!

Did you land a falling gig out there? Damn that's awesome Ted! I wish I could be riding out there with ya! Good luck to ya and have a safe trip out there! Be safe!

Na, just going to visit and fish. I hope the dungees are in close!!! Holy **** those things are good. Good muscles on a minus tide. Let the river blow out until late nov, then let it get good and low by sept 1st, (steelhead opener). I know where you live fish!!!! Pink pearl will be your demise!!!!!

You flying or driving? If driving you should swing through and hit the trout capital of the World...right down the road from me! Current World record was caught here in Arkansas and the former World record of 38.9#'s was litterally caught 2 miles from my house! Have fun out there Ted!

Flying, I think I have seen the picture of that fat trout. Looked more like a sunfish for the huge belly.
A chrome steelhead complete with a few sea lice, fresh out of the ocean is an experience though. The fight they posses is absolutely insane. I've had fish jump 10+ times in a matter of seconds. Thats when those crafty bastards spit the hook. Just amazing! If the river has not changed, I know where to hook them just about every drift. And thats hooked on the inside of the mouth..

Flying, I think I have seen the picture of that fat trout. Looked more like a sunfish for the huge belly.
A chrome steelhead complete with a few sea lice, fresh out of the ocean is an experience though. The fight they posses is absolutely insane. I've had fish jump 10+ times in a matter of seconds. Thats when those crafty bastards spit the hook. Just amazing! If the river has not changed, I know where to hook them just about every drift. And thats hooked on the inside of the mouth..

Sure Ted.....yep...uh huh! LOL!

Steelhead...that would be awesome! You a fly fisherman? I got a buddy way up in Wapsi Fly Co...I can send a care package if you tie your own flies.

Back in '88 my Dad caught a Brooke Trout that broke the World record...only it had been broken already 30 days prior. I think Dad's fish was near 4 or 5 pounds if I remember. Anyway, have fun.

Last edited:
You have any Red Horse in your creeks out yer way Ted? When they run here, you tie a red ribbon about 3 ft. up from a big weighted treble and snag 'em. It's perfectly legal to snag trash fish.

What you are using sounds like what we would tie for trout to simulate salmon eggs. Works damn good here also!

Well, I wanted to have my next video with my bad ass saw, but this will have to d until I can get a 1/2 wrap for it. Anyway this was from Sunday (yesterday) and I was pretty pleased with my lead, most of these trees had to be swung a little to get into lay...a couple were swung pretty far. I was kind of bummed that with the angle of my camera I couldn't show the tops coming around. The 2nd video is just what part of the layout looked like, I shot it this evening. Thanks!

Back