Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheap axe sheath

Here's a pic of the axe sheath I been using. Took me about 45 minutes to cut out and assemble. It has held up well so far; when it breaks I'll prolly make another. I'm using a 2.5# axe with a 20" straight handle.

Here's a pic of the axe sheath I been using. Took me about 45 minutes to cut out and assemble. It has held up well so far; when it breaks I'll prolly make another. I'm using a 2.5# axe with a 20" straight handle.

nice what did you use for belt loops?

Well, you impressed me

"Tarzan, the one of you laying on that spruce under bucking is a good-un!!"

Concur.

Nice pictures Cody! The computer gods' say I can't give you any rep yet.:(

You need to come up for a long weekend, so you can show me some felling techniques. :cheers:

I can't come close to those pictures. Nice job!! Looks like a bit of rot in those trees. Devils club too.

Here's a couple of boring ones. Just took them of an area I've restarted working in. Road fixing is going on, maybe some hauling next week, and maybe a little logging later on. Most of the ground left is helicopter ground so that won't be logged yet.

attachment.php

This is a nice rocky peak that looked cool this morning. I'd like to do some hiking up there.
attachment.php

The problem with this drainage is, it is a chilly area. The sun only shines about 20 minutes in the bottom this time of year. The loader operator timed it last year. And that is only when we happen to have sun.

Oh Slowp stop teasin me, everybodies pics are makin me want to move out there more and more.

You must make two leave before one can move here. They just had a story on the news about a well drilling moratorium in one of the river valleys. The Seattle people have turned I-90 and highway 2 into a parking lot, we have floods. The newspaper has an article about a family who was riding the roof of their house down a river 2 years ago today, we have to buy hard liquor in state liquor stores and it is spendy, we have high property and sales taxes, and did I mention the floods?

attachment.php

I forgot. An interesting tidbit was put in the contract. The helicopter is not to fly any higher than a specific elevation. There was a fear that the heliloggers would chase the mountain goats, which reside up there.

The heliloggers who have looked at it, break into a mad laugh when I answer their question of the reason for that restriction. :dizzy:

nice what did you use for belt loops?
I had an old nylon belt from an old pair of chaps. I cut the pieces to fit my leather belt and attached the loops with wood screws. The sheath in the picture is made from tulip poplar. If it doesn't hold up my next one will be from white oak.

I forgot. An interesting tidbit was put in the contract. The helicopter is not to fly any higher than a specific elevation. There was a fear that the heliloggers would chase the mountain goats, which reside up there.

The heliloggers who have looked at it, break into a mad laugh when I answer their question of the reason for that restriction. :dizzy:

That kinda reminds me of when I was working for Columbia in Humboldt County CA, and they ended up not being able to fly a unit that we had already cut because a lady who lived close to the unit said that the whirring of the helicopter blades was making her have seizures! PALCO ended up having to rock a road to the unit and conventional log it because they were worried that she would sue them :dizzy:

1259897278.jpg

Gunning a nice pine this morning. I look like a grouse all puffed up with my 4 layers on, 15 degrees when I pulled into the landing this morning. I look fat! LOL!!!! (Sound like a woman) My dad says I actually turned into a "skinny little bastard" the last few years, need to put more back on (180 from 210).

1259897247.jpg

Cleaning the last two inched of the other side. Not great pictures, but hey, I do exist!

And I have on all my ppe on you PPE NAZIS!!! Glasses, Chaps, hat, full length leather caulks, ect.

I even threw a pouch and some wedges and a maggie on to look like a cutter. I really work in an office and just write on here a lot.

Back