Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what kind of trees are we looking at there? The rings of branches looks a lot like white pine around here. Ron

That’s Doug fir at 24 years old that’s been suppressed by over crowding as well as root rot issues, oh I forgot there’s some grand fir mixed in there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

390B66DC-B02B-4B3C-9E9C-8394CC4918F6.jpeg

Had an awesome day tipping trees today. Fell with the 2101 for a while until I ran out of steam and switched to my Walkerized 372. Making a decent dent in our stand now, the two of us got about 3 acres in 3 hours today. My strip is starting to lay out a lot better, I’m getting most of my trees within a foot or two of where I want em now, and I’m more confident in my control at the stump. Feels like I’m learning anyway, and having a lot of fun doing it. Almost confident enough to post a stump pic or two, maybe next weekend I’ll let you guys beat on me a bit.

e576a58ec984974bd8b1a258d4fa45e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be fuddled...

I know weve had arguments in the past.

But please stop using steel wedges to tip trees. Especially since your the first to gripe about any of the relatively minor safety stuff the rest of us do, steel wedges will tear a chain up, possibly breaking it, and send chunks into you.

But I commend you on finally showing us some of your abillities

(please pardon some of my puntuation, as I spilled a drink on the keyboard, and not all of it is working)

Be fuddled...

But please stop using steel wedges to tip trees. Especially since your the first to gripe about any of the relatively minor safety stuff the rest of us do, steel wedges will tear a chain up, possibly breaking it, and send chunks into you.

(please pardon some of my puntuation, as I spilled a drink on the keyboard, and not all of it is working)

I’m just impressed that he got off his keyboard long enough to do that.

Yes, please loose the Steel Wedges.

Be fuddled...

I actually had to go nearly a kilometre & get a sledge hammer & the steel wedge because I couldn't get it to tip with the alloy wedge & a 2kg axe & it was touch and go then to get it over in the direction I wanted, it was fairly perpendicular & only had a small limb out the back, they are so heavy in the heads.

I’m just impressed that he got off his keyboard long enough to do that.

Yes, please loose the Steel Wedges.
I'll do a days work in between revving you roosters up each day,
do you think I had my saw anywhere near that wedge ?
I've had 6 steel wedges in one tree to get it go where I wanted it to.

I'll do a days work in between revving you roosters up each day,
do you think I had my saw anywhere near that wedge ?
I've had 6 steel wedges in one tree to get it go where I wanted it to.
Revving Up?
Pfft: Haven’t even broke an idle there Mr. Rooster Puller.

Maybe take a falling Course to learn how to use more Saw & less wedge?

Saw's not the only issue with steel wedges. Look at the wedges themselves, all mushroomed to hell and back. You're gonna blast a chunk in your eyeball. Same goes for damage to your axe poll, if you have the sense to use one. More likely you use a sledge, and that's part of the mushrooming problem, too. Far better to use plastic wedges with an ax that has a nice square poll. We're not idiots here in the Pacific Northwest. We use this stuff for a reason.

Saw's not the only issue with steel wedges. Look at the wedges themselves, all mushroomed to hell and back. You're gonna blast a chunk in your eyeball. Same goes for damage to your axe poll, if you have the sense to use one. More likely you use a sledge, and that's part of the mushrooming problem, too. Far better to use plastic wedges with an ax that has a nice square poll. We're not idiots here in the Pacific Northwest. We use this stuff for a reason.
That's why you keep your sunnies on or the mesh visor down , plastic wedges on our timber, what a complete joke. you're talking to the wrong person if you think I a beginner

Back