Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of this patch is Western Hemlock, which is pretty much worthless right now anyway, and all of it is getting diseased and rotting while standing. Couple that with sitting 100' back from a cliff that looks over the ocean, they ain't exactly the prettiest trees one ever seen..

And the bark is packed full of sand, so I'm burning through the chains and bars like a rookie

AE016363-6329-4FD8-AF19-865BA601D0AD.jpeg B5AC47EF-A0F4-4D10-A26A-88A3ABBA7798.jpegLast decently big one in our wood lot. We have a lot of dogs hair to log and process after this. Gonna trade it for oversized to run through the new Coutts portable mill. Skidder is finally running well, needs a bunch of electrical work and some tlc to seals etc and it will be gold, not a bad run in considering it sat 24 years in the bush before last spring. The new 572 fits nice behind the seat with a 28” on it. Having fun in the woods!

f5f51dff753764bbb27b11c5640452ec.jpg
298ad0cffe1723fb224b91fa35227405.jpg

This patch will make you tear your hair out in some of it well other parts are great like the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much lol. Some of this aspen is sure ugly junk. I got a couple saw logs out of it though so it was worth the effort.
Hows the wood you get out of them, what do you usually use it for.
We have a few nice ones out back on the neighbors property, he said one lost a top in the storm we had come thru two months ago.
They are in the bottom of the creekbed reaching for the canopy, probably the tallest trees we have I can access from my place thru the woods here.

Hows the wood you get out of them, what do you usually use it for.
We have a few nice ones out back on the neighbors property, he said one lost a top in the storm we had come thru two months ago.
They are in the bottom of the creekbed reaching for the canopy, probably the tallest trees we have I can access from my place thru the woods here.
We cut them into decking, pipeline skids, corral boards, fence and windbreak boards, dunnage and blocking. It’s horrible junk to saw too, can have a pile of tension, pockets of unseen rot, etc. But, when it’s clean and white it can be some pretty tough wood.

We cut them into decking, pipeline skids, corral boards, fence and windbreak boards, dunnage and blocking. It’s horrible junk to saw too, can have a pile of tension, pockets of unseen rot, etc. But, when it’s clean and white it can be some pretty tough wood.
Thanks for the response.
They are the straightest trees I have easy access to.
I have a nice sized white oak at my parents to mill, it's about 4' then tapers to 3' over 10-12', not sure how to mill that one. Dropped a couple smaller cherry stems there too I may mill.
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.43.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.44.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.45.26 AM.png

Back