Falling Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shots. Take all the pics you can as one day you'll be able to pass on your heritage to your kids and grandkids. I wish I'd taken more.

:agree2:. The kids ask about that a lot. I only have a few to show them. Take as many as you can it will be well worth it in the future.

Good work. Keep more of them coming.

Owl

:agree2:. The kids ask about that a lot. I only have a few to show them. Take as many as you can it will be well worth it in the future.

Good work. Keep more of them coming.

Owl
Here's a few pics from 1981 on a sale that we had just gotten back in on after the blast the spring before. This fir was 9 1/2' inside the bark. We had a grove of them down in the bottom of a creek. The pick up ran 4-5' in this sale.

Here's a few pics from 1981 on a sale that we had just gotten back in on after the blast the spring before. This fir was 9 1/2' inside the bark. We had a grove of them down in the bottom of a creek. The pick up ran 4-5' in this sale.

Great pics! keep them coming!

Hey, Coastfaller, I will if you will. Love to see some BC stuff.

Haha, I've posted some stuff a while back in the other falling pics thread. Some nice Sitka spruce for you to check out. I think some pics of some Red Cedar too, can't remember! I'll try and dig some more up.

Haha, I've posted some stuff a while back in the other falling pics thread. Some nice Sitka spruce for you to check out. I think some pics of some Red Cedar too, can't remember! I'll try and dig some more up.

Sounds good. Here's a few from 05 of one that had a heavy lean over a big barn. The month before one just like it fell and sheared off the back half of the barn. I fell about half dozen right there that further threatened the rest of the barn. Nice fir and it pulled up the hill nicely.
Let me know what threads you posted those pics are on so I can take a look. I'm new on this site and just trying to find my way around. Have a good one.

Sounds good. Here's a few from 05 of one that had a heavy lean over a big barn. The month before one just like it fell and sheared off the back half of the barn. I fell about half dozen right there that further threatened the rest of the barn. Nice fir and it pulled up the hill nicely.
Let me know what threads you posted those pics are on so I can take a look. I'm new on this site and just trying to find my way around. Have a good one.

You bet! I think they're all on the falling pics thread started by Burvol. That's a looong thread now though. Don't know if you can search the thread for my posts or not. Might be able to see my posts from my home page? Don't know, but worth a shot!

Nice pics again!

Yep, take a few as you go along or have someone shoot you.

Be sure to properly store the older film images or you can lose them. Back in 2004 Little Ray and I went through the process of scanning, editing over a hundred old photos, it was fun and a great bonding adventure. Before we got finished, we had a powerful storm off the Pacific, a window blew in and everything got soaked. The photos and negitives were fused into chunks, the computer was never the same afterwards, all the data was locked in it. Ray had some that were backed up on a CD, the only one we finished.
Last year, I sent the whole mess, including 16mm movin' pitcher reels to a lab in Nevada, they say there is hope for some of it. The lab burned last Dec. the message I got was that was there is going to be a delay. I'm holding my breath.

Well, after that story I'm going to get with the program and get my 8mm film of my families falling days sent in and put on DVD. Man, Randy, that's a sad story. If it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all with those pics. I have almost all of mine scanned into CDs but have been holding off on the super 8 stuff. You've just given me inspiration to get it done.

Yep, take a few as you go along or have someone shoot you.

Be sure to properly store the older film images or you can lose them. Back in 2004 Little Ray and I went through the process of scanning, editing over a hundred old photos, it was fun and a great bonding adventure. Before we got finished, we had a powerful storm off the Pacific, a window blew in and everything got soaked. The photos and negitives were fused into chunks, the computer was never the same afterwards, all the data was locked in it. Ray had some that were backed up on a CD, the only one we finished.
Last year, I sent the whole mess, including 16mm movin' pitcher reels to a lab in Nevada, they say there is hope for some of it. The lab burned last Dec. the message I got was that was there is going to be a delay. I'm holding my breath.

That just plain sucks, Randy.

Hey nice pics Timberfaller660! In that first one is that pine in the background teepeed or are you that quick?

NwAxe -Man you've cut some serious Fir! All of your pics that I've seen have been awesome. Keep em comin!

Hey nice pics Timberfaller660! In that first one is that pine in the background teepeed or are you that quick?

NwAxe -Man you've cut some serious Fir! All of your pics that I've seen have been awesome. Keep em comin!

Im quick drawl mcgraw with the chainsaw. :chainsawguy: Ha ha yes it is stuck, very stuck. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch that. lol Pecker pole pine can be a headachce at times. I was actually cuttin that bigger one to knock the other one loose.

Thats kind of what I figured. I've been there once or twice! :msp_thumbup: I like the pics of the snow coming off of the others. There really is nothing like cutting in the fresh snow! Killing the saw to finish the tree with a few whacks on a wedge. That hollow echo, but at the same time deadening thunk, thunk, thunk. One of my favorite sounds.

When it gets to be the end of February and the snows still 2' deep it gets a little old though.

Yeah, I've been one most fortunate individual in my falling career. My father was known for his falling ability of old growth timber. Hence, I grew up teething on the stuff. Here's some pics of the last good sale I cut. The one pic show the little burg I live in. The unit that I cut before this one was the last place my father cut before he died. One of those emotional places, you know?

Latest posts

Back