Falling question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bent and broke 1/2 grade 70 chains, tore 1/4 chains to shreds, adn stretched 5/16 straight to the point they looked like a single rod of steel.

Certainly not something I want to use to hold shock forces, inches from my head.
In case you have any job openings, I'm busy that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Fell a couple more 30” Ash. These are just cut the old fashion way, face cut and back cut. No fancy boring. View attachment 886136View attachment 886137View attachment 886138View attachment 886139
that last one looks a little scary with that seam down the middle!

The only problem is there are hydro lines beyond the cedar trees in the background. This tree will not swing and I haven’t calculated a guesstimate as to the height yet.
the neighbour has a back hoe and thinks he can push it over....not. We don’t push these, we pull them.

I’ve pushed plenty of trees over. Works great. A 580 Case is about the smallest thing I’d want to push a moderate sized tree over with, for sure. But it work’s fine. I don’t think I’ve yanked a tree over in a while, but a big hydraulic wedge is a great option when they’re available.

Back