Family that saws together stays together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin-knocker

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like to see this. Couple weekends ago I wanted to go do some firewood. My stepson (6 year old) will usually come along and help with loading the truck and sometimes I let him try to split with a hatchet. But this time I made him a promise. I was going to let him run the chainsaw! Needless to say he was very excited. So my wife, stepdaughter (almost 3 years old), stepson and I hop into the truck and head down the trail to a bay that I knew was laying on the hill. After bucking a few pieces and working it off the side I finally got a manageable piece on the flat. My stepdaughter wanted to steal some of the thunder though! IMG_2547.JPGIMG_2548.JPG She didn't last long though and decided it was nap time. IMG_2554.JPG Had earplugs in and was able to sleep through all of her big brother's noise!IMG_2551.JPGFirst I was running the saw and showing him how the throttle works. Then let him have a turn. IMG_2552.JPGIMG_2553.JPGHe was also putting the wedges in and giving them a smack with the hatchet. Didn't get pics of that though. But overall he had a blast and can't wait to do it again!IMG_2550.JPG

Fact my oldest son would cut and load as a kid. When he got his first job at Macdonalds when he came home he said flipping burgers at macdonalds is a lot easier than working with you dad. I said your either gonna have a strong back or a strong mind stay in school. The boy has two degrees one in robotics and one in mechanical engineering. He’s sharp.

My kids are street smart plus book smart.

Back