Farmer Tec Parts Company dba under how many names?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
I just bought a chainsaw kit I am happy with. Its come up in the build thread things about this company. Some members had multiple contacts with the company or missing items and delayed deliveries. They have been eventually were responsive. Some might even be getting paid for their constant endorsements, maybe not. I thought it would be nice to keep the build thread clean and free of such chatter so I am starting this thread. This is what I know and i encourage you to add what you know and say whether you know it as a fact or its something you heard on youtube cause that is a big difference..

Fact:

Farmer Tec is a Chinese company that makes very little. They do market all over the world extremely well. (maybe better than any other china company), meaning they buy their parts and put the parts in their branded bags and boxes and sell them.

1. They reach people through the internet.
2. They sell aftermarket parts and generally real saw freaks think the stuff is always total junk. Which they have proven to be untrue in the majority of the cases.
3. because of fact #2 they had to reply on the internet and ebay as the ticket into our homes. where they have earned our trust as evidenced by their good ebay rating. Trust no one would give them anywhere else because they are chinese and a long way from here. Except small business that touched them on ebay.
4. someone got them to drop the price of the kits so they could draw business to thier own website to begin to avoid those extreme ebay seller fees. I love ebay, but i don't sell on ebay. I like the code. accurately describe what you are selling and deliver it and you will be rewarded. buy on ebay and you will get what they describe. Only place you will find that in the absolute.
5. They have multiple websites where they move the parts.
huztl.net
arbortec.net
ebay worldwide member
6. on ebay they have 3+ different names

I am fairly sure:

A. that #6 - huztl covering this side of the world, machinedoctor covering europe and a name starting with L that covers part of asia.
B. Their code of doing business is very different from our own. they desire trust and are working to earn it, but at the same time doing wholesale business with them can be no fun. I know one lady that I call the dragon lady, ruthless and cruel. they bend over their wholesale customers regularly.
C. people buying those kits and talking about it on these type venues is bring them a level of trust they only had on ebay.

So if you do business with them, if you want the next guy to have a good experience too, make them follow the basic rules, just like they are used to doing on ebay.

an example you buy on ebay "complete" chainsaw jig saw puzzle kit and get a box filled with parts but you are missing parts a few important parts you open a dispute and soon have those parts, if it continues their ratings drop and it costs them.

if you buy it off their website and same thing happens, you are likely to be too busy to deal with the back and forth and you just let it go.

what are we teaching them? what are they teaching us?

I really think they can keep the prices low and make a profit, but they won't. so we need to make sure the cost is not even higher because you have to go spend 20-50$ to have a complete chainsaw.

We are putting this company in an unexpected position in this case, they fill a box with parts, exactly like when they do wholesale or fill a pallet or a container. On ebay where the bulk of thier sales is/were it was ones and twoseys not boxs filled with parts. Frequently, when you buy wholesale from them you can expect damaged and missing goods and unstable pricing and they will undercut you, which is a unusual position for a supplier. I am telling you this to put the relationship in perspective. Your suppliers not suppose to compete with you. But that is the chinese mindset.

I encourage you to explore aftermarket parts with a company like farmertec. Just train them, hold their feet to the fire on shipping and complete deliveries and we will all be winners...them too!

Back