FarmerTec 200t coming after holiday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
I got a email that they are releasing the 200t and the TS400 when they get back, maybe before the 7th when they leave for New Year back on the 26th. We have been waiting a while on these. I will know more later and post more.

They even have a pop off gauge now! No more excuses for not testing saws and carbs.

There is a separate TS400 thread to build in and I will turn this into a build thread

I got a email that they are releasing the 200t and the TS400 when they get back, maybe before the 7th when they leave for New Year back on the 26th. We have been waiting a while on these. I will know more later and post more.

They even have a pop off gauge now!
Don't ask me to fix any of those 200Ts !

Well, its [genuine Stihl MS200Ts] the most in demand saw out there right now and Stihl wont/cant make it anymore.....where there is a demand there will be a market for it. Even if it is a very very gray market at that.

Top handle saws are also one of the most broken beyond logical repair saws out there too. They aren't making the MS200T any more and they are dropping (no pun) like flies.

I too am not looking forward to the influx of AM200Ts which, mixed in with MS200Ts, I am now going to have to take halfway apart to verify whether it is a clone or genuine or something in between.

On that note though, the ONLY people who should be using top handle saws are pro arborists in trees. Pro tree climbers need a saw that can handle some serious abuse. Climbing saws are usually called upon to do work that is well beyond its 35cc and 14"-16" bar capabilities. I just could not trust an AM kit saw for that kind of use especially when you are up high.

These things are going to sell like crazy to folks who use them for firewood cutting when they should really be using an AM180 or some other rear handle.

I got a 192t to fix up after waiting and waiting for the 200 kit.i learned it's a very dangerous saw. Just starting it is dangerous compared to a regular saw. You are way to close to the chain

Have you tried using any of their parts?
Yes engine parts mostly bad as far as I can tell. Plastic covers and stuff like that OK.Pistons believe it or not worked fairly good but I doubt they last.
Engine case halves did not match perfect, leaked vac even with sealer.
Cylinders didn't produce as high compression as OEM 135 V 160lbs
Cranks I seen fly apart
Crank bearings very loose and put measurable up and down play on the crank. I have pics if anyone is that interested.

Up and down play on one end of crank with brand new Farmer Tech bearings

I like being able to see, the meter let's ya. Sometimes it's like holding your breath, is this going to work? 70-80% of time it will and that 30% of the time can be painful. How many tanks did you have in stock 4+ and got lucky on the last one. Not good numbers and they know it.

I like being able to see, the meter let's ya. Sometimes it's like holding your breath, is this going to work? 70-80% of time it will and that 30% of the time can be painful. How many tanks did you have in stock 4+ and got lucky on the last one. Not good numbers and they know it.
Im sure Stihl tests their tanks or at least inspects them I see small red dots that they put on the new tanks I think it means inspected.

What if they just inspected one once a day. I would bet you never. They invented a Dept that assures everyone that crap can matter. That in those cases all is well.

The pop off gauge is more expensive than OEM at least from the ad they sent me yesterday LOL.
Lone wolf has spent more time testing AM ms2oot parts than anyone i guarantee that.
My prediction is that a year after the kit is released the saw will still be really unreliable and that it will drop the price of a used ms200t by at least $100 and we will see new in box OEM 200ts sell for north of $1600

Latest posts

Back